Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Northstand memories.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My best memory in the old Northstand, was seeing Jimmy Case thundering through on goal to score against Norwich in the 1983 cup run.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Smelly, dirty toilets
It was dilapidated
Smuggling into the ground Celery sticks :lolol:
Smoking stood halfway up the north stand at half time
Getting off at Hove station for a pre-match beer or two
Being taken into what was the tiny players lounge when i must have been 8 years old
It was despite its faults, our home

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Crowd surges, it'll never be the same without them! I used to love standing towards the back of the North Stand and then ending up down near the front after a goal was scored with my feet hardly touching the ground! Happy days! :)

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The many occasions I stood next to and talked to opposition fans in the days before it was necessary to have separation.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
My best memory in the old Northstand, was seeing Jimmy Case thundering through on goal to score against Norwich in the 1983 cup run.

Getting beaten up by Doncaster rovers fan in the mid sixties after chanting, "alick Jeffrey is poof", probably deserved it!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Everyone going completely utterly bananas when Terry Connor banged in the second against Liverpool was one of my many fav moments

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
the weasel Belotti had the balls to come into the directors box versus Darlington, i saw red and jumped into the west stand no mans lands and then into the directors box , only to see him fleeing and the old bill standing in my way

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The Ian Chapman thunderbolt against Bournemouth in a 3-3 thriller always springs to mind.

The atmosphere against Barnet (final floodlit game) & Wigan penultimate home game were superb, probably the best home support I have ever witnessed anywhere.

Although the other end the Sneaky George goal than chant was priceless and also the first rendition of the No No Nogan song when we had a corner, it even had Kurt pissing himself laughing.

Starting your first chant was always a big moment, remember being so proud and telling your mates at school.

And as someone mentioned earlier the surges after a goal which occasionally resulted in a lost shoe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here