Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
carter-060214-l229-1343358_478x359.jpg

Charlie Carter is looking forward to facing Plymouth

PUBLISHED
14:07 6th February 2014
by James Hilsum
I’m really looking forward to the game; there will be a few mixed emotions as I spent a long time there."
Charlie Carter
Charlie Carter is looking forward to facing her former club on Sunday, as Albion travel to Plymouth Argyle in the FA Cup.

The defender is a slight doubt going into the game with a back injury, but is confident she will be involved.She told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s only soft tissue damage so hopefully the physio will clear me to play.
“I’m really looking forward to the game; there will be a few mixed emotions as I spent a long time there.
“I was excited after finding out we’d drawn them; I’ve still got a few friends at the club and I’m looking forward to seeing them. I continue to keep an eye on their results.
“They’re a physical side and not afraid to go into a tackle at all, but they have got some very good players.
“My biggest highlight there was when we went through the season undefeated, won the title and promotion to the Women’s Premier League Southern Division. We also won the Devon County Cup.”
Carter stressed the importance of the FA Cup and hopes to face a Super League club in the latter stages of the competition.
“It’s very important to us; all the girls are keen to do well, as a good cup run can only increase confidence.
“The ultimate aim would be to draw a Super League side and show how good we are as a squad.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here