Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breakdown of BHA Financial Report

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can we have a thread looking at the results without naming anyone at the club but just looking at figures?

I have a few questions. First is the report for the financial year 2012/13 or for the football season? If the latter the televised play off fixtures are excluded.

Secondly from The Argus article (I know they usually get things wrong) I take it that we made a 6.1 million loss for 2012/13 plus the carried over loss of 8.6 million from 2011/12 to give 14.7 million loss. At least this is a step in the right direction.

Enlightenment please.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What will this new thread do that the other one of 449 posts cannot achieve? If you cannot manage to handle answers via the other thread then you clearly are not going to be able to make much use of the data.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can we have a thread looking at the results without naming anyone at the club but just looking at figures?

I have a few questions. First is the report for the financial year 2012/13 or for the football season? If the latter the televised play off fixtures are excluded.

Secondly from The Argus article (I know they usually get things wrong) I take it that we made a 6.1 million loss for 2012/13 plus the carried over loss of 8.6 million from 2011/12 to give 14.7 million loss. At least this is a step in the right direction.

Enlightenment please.

£14.7m loss is for the one season surely?

not 2 seasons added together.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What will this new thread do that the other one of 449 posts cannot achieve? If you cannot manage to handle answers via the other thread then you clearly are not going to be able to make much use of the data.

TBF I have given up on the "offical" thread as it has decended into Poyet this Poyet that, guesses at transfer fees/wages and generally posters sho haven't a clue posting guesswork.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Enlightenment please.

Can I make a suggestion to knocky1 and others who are interested in Brighton's finances. Don't start a thread or pose questions. Just go to El Presidente's profile, and read his posts. He's made plenty of them on this subject over the last 24 hours.
There are ways of using NSC more productively and, I'd suggest, that this is one of them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can I make a suggestion to knocky1 and others who are interested in Brighton's finances. Don't start a thread or pose questions. Just go to El Presidente's profile, and read his posts. He's made plenty of them on this subject over the last 24 hours.
There are ways of using NSC more productively and, I'd suggest, that this is one of them.

I had just thought of that. that is the advice I wanted and I am sure it will help a number of users? cheers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It's a £14.7m loss.

We're playing Donny on Saturday.

What more do we need to know?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is everybody allergic to question marks?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
£14.7m loss is for the one season surely?

not 2 seasons added together.

Well I will risk answering Bob. I read the article in the Argus and my understanding is the same as knocky £14.7 total over the two years, which if correct is better than Barber was anticipating, when he said it was an £8 mill last year and that we were on track to record the same this year, which would have meant £16+mill surely?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The loss for the 12 months ending June 2013 was £14.7m. The loss for the preceding 12 months was £8.6m.

The loss just reported is NOT a compound figure covering 2 years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
TBF I have given up on the "offical" thread as it has decended into Poyet this Poyet that, guesses at transfer fees/wages and generally posters sho haven't a clue posting guesswork.

I think you just dropped the P-Bomb!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The loss for the 12 months ending June 2013 was £14.7m. The loss for the preceding 12 months was £8.6m.

The loss just reported is NOT a compound figure covering 2 years.

I am not a financial person other than my household budget. I really do not understand how can we have a guy brought in, who's job it is to get the club financially on track and announce a loss of £8 mill (not his fault) in his first year and pronounce at the time, that next years loss he expects to be the same, but he will working hard to reduce this level of loss. The very next set of accounts under his control he not only fails in his projection, but the loss increases around 40%. Is that an unfair summary of what has happened?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I am not a financial person other than my household budget. I really do not understand how can we have a guy brought in, who's job it is to get the club financially on track and announce a loss of £8 mill (not his fault) in his first year and pronounce at the time, that next years loss he expects to be the same, but he will working hard to reduce this level of loss. The very next set of accounts under his control he not only fails in his projection, but the loss increases around 40%. Is that an unfair summary of what has happened?

Sometimes you have to spend to turn things around, redundancy costs for example, there was probably a lot of wastage pre-Barber.

I think its going to be 12 months time before we can really see what is happening. It should be remembered these accounts are 7 months out of date and almost certainly include ZERO income regarding the Amex sponsorship who's deal must be significantly higher than B&H Jobs was. Also they may include the full cost of the digital advertsing boards and we only had 5 months income from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here