Votes: 36 24.2%
  • £20 - £50 more

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • £50 and more

Votes: 23 15.4%

• Total voters

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
It's not a price increase that would stop me renewing. If they stopped the interest free direct debit method that would be me done I think. 2 season tickets as a one off financial hit woukd be a strain.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
5-10% for me, we're in this together and all need to shoulder the burden. A price rise of 5% in reality will be less than a pound extra a week.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
6%. I don't think they dare ask for more than that.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Difficult one. It is already expensive to watch the Albion - and football in general in this country.

What happens on the pitch isn't a massive deciding factor for me. I go because I want to see the Albion.

That said, I am feeling more and more apathetic towards football in general. I don't blame the Albion for the high prices etc - its a problem with football. But being able to afford an increase and being able to justify it are not necessarily the same thing.

Probably will renew though. Just losing a bit of love for football more each season. Again, not the Albion's fault. Not blaming Barber et al. Just modern football in general.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's not a price increase that would stop me renewing. If they stopped the interest free direct debit method that would be me done I think. 2 season tickets as a one off financial hit woukd be a strain.

Me to

Can pay monthly a lot more but all in one go would struggle to find it

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Anything over £50 is going to cause angst. It will get to a point where some people will not renew, start to pay per match and go less to keep costs down. There seems to be plenty of spare seats already.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
As a caveat; I likely won't be renewing next season regardless due to a necessary belt tightening exercise (first child and house move being the most prominent reasons among several).

That being said, I honestly don't know what I'd pay in terms of an increase, somewhere around the 5% mark probably wouldn't make me shy away but higher would make me think.

Now, this has got nothing to do with the football on display, the Albion will always be the Albion regardless of the players, its more about my growing apathy towards football as a whole.

Clubs everywhere are being run unsustainably (many worse than BHA as we all know) and are ratcheting up the costs for fans to watch them in action. This then makes the supporters expect more from the 'experience' that they're now paying more for, so, to keep people happy, the prices get ratcheted up again. It's a self-sustaining circle and beyond a club hitting the wall there really doesn't seem to be an end in sight to it.

It could just be the sheen of youth falling away from my eyes but I'm sure that 'back in the day' not every football conversation would have to include finances as a constant theme.

*sigh* Flame away.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hopefully in line with my pay "rise".

i.e. 1%.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Now, this has got nothing to do with the football on display, the Albion will always be the Albion regardless of the players, its more about my growing apathy towards football as a whole.

Clubs everywhere are being run unsustainably (many worse than BHA as we all know) and are ratcheting up the costs for fans to watch them in action. This then makes the supporters expect more from the 'experience' that they're now paying more for, so, to keep people happy, the prices get ratcheted up again. It's a self-sustaining circle and beyond a club hitting the wall there really doesn't seem to be an end in sight to it.

It could just be the sheen of youth falling away from my eyes but I'm sure that 'back in the day' not every football conversation would have to include finances as a constant theme.

*sigh* Flame away.

Pretty similar to how I feel at the moment.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Difficult one. It is already expensive to watch the Albion - and football in general in this country.

What happens on the pitch isn't a massive deciding factor for me. I go because I want to see the Albion.

That said, I am feeling more and more apathetic towards football in general. I don't blame the Albion for the high prices etc - its a problem with football. But being able to afford an increase and being able to justify it are not necessarily the same thing.

Probably will renew though. Just losing a bit of love for football more each season. Again, not the Albion's fault. Not blaming Barber et al. Just modern football in general.

Very true, players wages go through the stratosphere whilst the supporters face ever increasing prices for their tickets. God knows what we would charge if we ever get to the Premier but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think to be fair to the club they want to keep rises to a minimum, and increase it from other avenues rather than ticketing. Expect to hear about the prices sooner rather than later!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here