Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wonder how the players feel?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Wonder how the players feel about the £14.7m loss? Many of them moaned that we needed to strengthen while all the time pocketing their ludicrous wages... wages that are potentially ruining the club.

How do they feel? Not bothered I would imagine.

More concerned about which set of enormous white headphones to buy next!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not bothered. If another Club is prepared to pay them more - then they will be off. I am sure they will enjoy playing in front of a full stadium, and will enjoy the new training facilities. But as Neil Diamond sang "Cracklin' Rosie get on board".

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think they'd be a little concerned, but not for the club - for their own security. There's little 'loyalty' left in football...it's still there, but less than, say 20 years ago or even further. The only time they would really complain about the finances is if it directly affected their wages.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I very much doubt they care. I dont think I would if I was in their situation. I mean, Brighton was not a club that most of them supported before they joined. Would I care if I was playing for QPR for a cople of years, getting paid well and the club could not run their finances properly. nah, dont think I would loose much sleep over it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Andrews only - in the argus. Being a loanee it is possibly easier for him to be controversial.

Andrews has taken it on himself to be the players' spokesperson. This seems largely him planning for a future in the media once his playing days come to an end. What he says is often quite pertinent, but I suppose it's a little strange that it's a loan player who says the most. As captain, Greer doesn't really say much.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
They're probably feeling a little down over the financial structure of the club, but it's nothing a nice countryside drive in a 500k Eco-DESTROYER with your model girlfriend won't fix.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burke has said we will back Oscar in the loan market should it be required. Interesting the way it was put, maybe Oscar has quite a bit more say than some on here would have you believe.

The IF REQUIRED comment makes me wonder if Oscar would rather make do with what he has if he can't get exactly the type of player he wants. it doesn't sound like he is making waves about the lack of signings to me.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

The players just need to get on with doing what they are paid to do imo, I'm not that interested in what they think we need, Oscar is the man who makes those decisions.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I think they'd be a little concerned, but not for the club - for their own security. There's little 'loyalty' left in football...it's still there, but less than, say 20 years ago or even further. The only time they would really complain about the finances is if it directly affected their wages.

Exactly. The club is hardly at the point of other Champ club's debts and I'd say the likes of Bolton's players would be feeling a bit more concerned.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets be clear, I very much doubt the players went out of their way to speak to Naylor. The conversations probably went- Naylor "Do you think the club should make a couple of signings to strengthen the squad?" Andrews "Yeah, I suppose". It was probably just Naylor trying to come up with stories, lets be honest now Gus has left and Oscar is as quiet as a door mouse it's an unenviable task.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Wonder how the players feel about the £14.7m loss? Many of them moaned that we needed to strengthen while all the time pocketing their ludicrous wages... wages that are potentially ruining the club.

How do they feel? Not bothered I would imagine.

More concerned about which set of enormous white headphones to buy next!!

The suggestion appears to be that the players are somehow to blame for their high wages!

It was the club that agreed to pay those wages - nobody forced them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here