Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Xbox/FIFA game problem

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I was talking to a mate today whose teenage son has been playing FIFA World Cup football on his XBox for some time. The lad always asks his parents when he needs to buy something, they authorise it on the Xbox, their registered bank card is debited and they have always received an email to confirm the purchase.
A few weeks back his wife was shopping and her card was declined. She was obviously embarrassed and went to her bank to check out the problem.
It transpired the account was overdrawn due to £1500 plus having been paid to Microsoft! Their son is distraught. My mate and his wife are at loggerheads over it.

The lad says he hasn't bought anything and isn't the type of boy to lie.

NO EMAILS have been received by them confirming any of these purchases.

The bank can't help as the debited card was registered.

Microsoft aren't interested as they say the transactions originated from their console.

Has anyone come across this situation where email notifications suddenly stop - and at the same time large purchases suddenly start? Any ideas on what may have happened?

I don't play any of these games myself, but I said NSC would be a good place to pose the question as I know many of you guys do!

I'm seriously worried for them as they certainly don't have this sort of money and their boy is really upset by it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Firstly it seems pretty impossible that the boy can have run up £1500 in presumably a short space if time?

My son may use a tenner here or there for ultimate points but he won't have for near £1500 in several years.

So something has clearly gone wrong somewhere.

Or someone else has been buying something else through the console. In which case someone has a lot of explaining to do.

But again there would be email confirmations unless these were deleted.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I had a friend of mines son do something similar - ran up about £800 worth of ultimate team packs, then deleted the emails and feigned all knowledge of it. What caught him out was the fact that he had possibly one of the best line ups money can buy.

Best bet is to log on to his xbox live page to check the times and dates these purchases were made. This can be done very easily, and it logs the time, date and payment type of each purchase. One guesses that he may be doing a lot of housework/car washing/standing on street corners for many many years to come :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here