Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast
    We stand where we want! Chicken Runner61's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshe Gariani View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comfortably £1bn (£1,000,000,000) "net worth".

Anything less doesn't make sense. He has allocated at least £200m cash to his Albion hobby.
    Do you have any proof of this or is this just a wild guess?

In 2012 four four two only had TB's worth at £50M after investing £80M in the club

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 8th battalion East Lancs View Post
      And yet someone on here told me that you have a player salary budget less than Burnley's.

It's alright, I didn't believe him.

In season 2011-12, Burnley's total wage bill was £17million; Albion's was £14.7million.

In season 2012-13, Burnley's wage bill was reduced to £15.4million, whilst (from today's announcement) it looks like Albion's increased to £20.9million.

A number of things occur to me:-

Despite Burnley still receiving parachute payments, Albion had a wage bill about one third higher. So we can still compete financially against teams receiving these payments (although they are getting significantly larger with time).

Albion's average attendance in 2012-13 was just over twice that of Burnley - so high attendances certainly mitigate some of the effect of the parachute payments.

Burnley reduced their wage bill, even whilst continuing to receive the parachute payments. I applaud their financial restraint.

@8th battalion East Lancs - what has the fan's reaction been to your reduced wage bill? Lots of complaints about "lack of ambition"? Is there much discussion of FFP amongst the fan base?
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      I love AZ's posts. So many ITK dicks on here, but he just posts FACT.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      "There was also a slight increase in ticketing, commercial and retail sales with a boost from £13.8m to £14.3m. "

Following the expansion, the average attendence went from 20,029 in 2011/12 to 26,236 in 2012/13 (a 23% increase), yet this only equated to an extra £500k in ticket sales, an increase of 3.5% ?? Even less than that if they're lumping commercial and retail sales in with that figure.

Doesn't seem to add up, unless I'm missing something.

This is certainly very odd. Using the reported "attendance" figures from the two seasons (which we all know are actually tickets sold), the total Amex figure for season 2011-12 for 23 league games is 460,454 tickets sold.

For season 2012-13 the total number of tickets sold (again for 23 league games, so excluding the play-off semi-final) was 603,438 (a 31.1% increase).

I believe that season ticket prices were frozen between the two seasons (apart from the transport levy), but there should still have been a significant increase in ticketing revenue. Was commercial and/or retail sales revenue down for some reason? @El Presidente - will be very interested to hear your report once the detailed accounts are available.
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations - Updated per February 2019 Premier League Squad List

Which is why you are my favourite poster on NSC. Accurate and up to date Albion facts, unadorned, and succinctly put. Use that as your next strapline
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

Breaking news: The Albion posts losses of £14.7m

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      This is certainly very odd. Using the reported "attendance" figures from the two seasons (which we all know are actually tickets sold), the total Amex figure for season 2011-12 for 23 league games is 460,454 tickets sold.

For season 2012-13 the total number of tickets sold (again for 23 league games, so excluding the play-off semi-final) was 603,438 (a 31.1% increase).

I believe that season ticket prices were frozen between the two seasons (apart from the transport levy), but there should still have been a significant increase in ticketing revenue. Was commercial and/or retail sales revenue down for some reason? @El Presidente - will be very interested to hear your report once the detailed accounts are available.
      I think this shows that attendance levels are a bit misleading in the overall context of football club financing. After deducting VAT, and taking into account concessions and ST discounts compared to match day prices, let's say the club nets £15 per punter per match.

An extra 143,000 tickets sold (per your analysis) would bring in about an extra £2.2 million. The Argus have reported that ticketing, commercial and retail sales are up by £0.5 million. The difference is partially due to lower sales of kit (as we were in the second year of a two year shirt deal, and that everyone rushed out to buy shirts in year 1).

My understanding is that Paul Barber inherited a number of commercial deals that didn't reflect the Albion's status and size, but many of those deals will have expired by the end of 2012-13, and therefore there should be an increase in revenue from those sources in the forthcoming season.

However, failure to reach the playoffs this season will have a negative impact on revenues of about £750,000, and our relative lack of appearance on TV will hit the club too.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mutts Nuts View Post
      Not spending money on proven goal scoring strikers and penny pinching on 3rd division Barnes and mcSmudger along with letting our leading goal scorer go to the scum for the sake of a couple of grand a week while breaking the bank on the white elephant was a massive mistake.2nd division football will never cover the running costs of the Amex and a squad good enough for promotion.With the inevitable drop in season ticket sales next season the losses will only go up.If FFP is enforced we could easily follow in Coventrys footsteps
      Exactly the words of a Palace Troll. You support them, don't you
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      I think this shows that attendance levels are a bit misleading in the overall context of football club financing. After deducting VAT, and taking into account concessions and ST discounts compared to match day prices, let's say the club nets £15 per punter per match.

An extra 143,000 tickets sold (per your analysis) would bring in about an extra £2.2 million. The Argus have reported that ticketing, commercial and retail sales are up by £0.5 million. The difference is partially due to lower sales of kit (as we were in the second year of a two year shirt deal, and that everyone rushed out to buy shirts in year 1).

My understanding is that Paul Barber inherited a number of commercial deals that didn't reflect the Albion's status and size, but many of those deals will have expired by the end of 2012-13, and therefore there should be an increase in revenue from those sources in the forthcoming season.

However, failure to reach the playoffs this season will have a negative impact on revenues of about £750,000, and our relative lack of appearance on TV will hit the club too.

Thanks El Pres.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mutts Nuts View Post
      Not spending money on proven goal scoring strikers and penny pinching on 3rd division Barnes and mcSmudger along with letting our leading goal scorer go to the scum for the sake of a couple of grand a week while breaking the bank on the white elephant was a massive mistake.2nd division football will never cover the running costs of the Amex and a squad good enough for promotion.With the inevitable drop in season ticket sales next season the losses will only go up.If FFP is enforced we could easily follow in Coventrys footsteps
      I don't remember you saying these were mistakes at the time. Anyone can look back and find fault.
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?
      The great escape British Bulldog's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dougdeep View Post
      I don't remember you saying these were mistakes at the time. Anyone can look back and find fault.
      Good old hindsight, we can all use that when it suits.
      She's got her knickers in a twist again
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Has anybody ever seen a stadium with so many stewards as the Amex?
      Who provided the first pic of Amex Progress? Who told you of the Amex staff sackings? Who told you that Sammy Lee wasn't coming?
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dougdeep View Post
      Has anybody ever seen a stadium with so many stewards as the Amex?
      The stewarding levels were set as a condition of the initial health and safety licence being granted.

As a result of the Amex being such a pleasant environment, and the lack of trouble at the stadium, those stewarding levels can be reduced.

However it won't significantly impact upon the accounts. Even if 50 stewards, at a gross cost of £12 an hour, working a six hour shift, are made redundant, it's an annual saving of £90,000, or 0.6% of last season's losses.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.