Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Losing cash????????

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Hope this is not fixtures but i have just heard on radio Sussex that losses reported for season 12/13 were £14+ million, if i heard correctly!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Already been discussed here I think. Not as bad as it first sounds because part of that £14M will be the first year's depreciation on the Amex stadium, some non-capital costs of the new training ground and (probably) a lot of front-loading costs from next year into this year to safeguard against FFP. Strip all that out and you've got a comparable figure with last year. Salaries are higher because of Vicente, Bridge, Upson etc and the administrative costs are down thanks to much tighter budgetary controls now that Barber is onboard.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Already been discussed here I think. Not as bad as it first sounds because part of that £14M will be the first year's depreciation on the Amex stadium, some non-capital costs of the new training ground and (probably) a lot of front-loading costs from next year into this year to safeguard against FFP. Strip all that out and you've got a comparable figure with last year. Salaries are higher because of Vicente, Bridge, Upson etc and the administrative costs are down thanks to much tighter budgetary controls now that Barber is onboard.
Thanks for that Buzzer, i did not see that thread. I have just checked the official site and you are correct in as much as the losses for the year also took into account one off payments ie,redundancy payments etc, but the scale of these figures cannot continue, the whole thing needs to be re-thought and as player wages are easily the biggest expense and ongoing year on year this must be addressed either that or the whole football pyramid apart from the prem will eventually wither and die.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks for that Buzzer, i did not see that thread. I have just checked the official site and you are correct in as much as the losses for the year also took into account one off payments ie,redundancy payments etc, but the scale of these figures cannot continue, the whole thing needs to be re-thought and as player wages are easily the biggest expense and ongoing year on year this must be addressed either that or the whole football pyramid apart from the prem will eventually wither and die.

:facepalm:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Of course you didn't see it mate, you started this thread before the other one was posted. Ignore the mugs that are having a dig.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Fascinating retort! You post that the whole thing needs to re thought out ignoring the fact that is precisely what Bloom and Barber have been doing, ie working towards FFP for this season's figures. Unless of course you are suggesting that BHA should unilaterally refuse to pay the wages that everyone else in the division pays and we plummet down the leagues. What's going to pay for the Amex then?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Fascinating retort! You post that the whole thing needs to re thought out ignoring the fact that is precisely what Bloom and Barber have been doing, ie working towards FFP for this season's figures. Unless of course you are suggesting that BHA should unilaterally refuse to pay the wages that everyone else in the division pays and we plummet down the leagues. What's going to pay for the Amex then?
What i actually was trying to say, obviously not very well was that the wages spiral has to be stopped and reversed, if possible, as what company can annually spend on wages the amount that football clubs outside the premier league are having to pay as a percentage of incoming revenue and survive? not too many i'm sure. I realise on our own this would be impossible and unless FFP can be adopted willingly by all football league clubs i cannot see a rosy future!! Its not just about Brighton now but football league clubs in general, a lot, in a much worse financial position than us who can't possibly survive long term as things are today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here