Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle - BBC3

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone been watching this new-ish sit-com?

For no apparent reason I downloaded the 4 episodes to date to my iPad and gave them a go on a long train journey this morning. I enjoyed the first one so much I watched all 4 consecutively.

Some of it is a bit obvious, but there's some genuinely funny scenes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03q474x/Uncle_Episode_1/

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I have recorded them so far, but not got around to watching them yet. Glad it sounds alright.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I missed the latest episode, but I really enjoyed the first three. Each episode seems to be a steady stream of chuckles with a belly laugh crescendo every so often

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yeah it's alright. Have been watching it and generally like it, but tend to find the funniest bits of dialogue actually being the sister and the son more than the slightly wooden hefty frontman.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I was hesitant it being a BBC3 comedy and it's has it's cheesy moments, but its been an enjoyable series. Episode 3 was a bit bland but in sit-comland, episode 3 is usually the filler. They even got a John Terry joke in last episode.
It's intelligent writing with decent story arcs.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I like it , funny and not too PC......

Not sure where you get that from, it doesn't need to be un-PC to be funny. It takes the piss out of dark stuff like paedophilia, violence, masterbation etc but it doesn't dip 'ironically' (as some do nowadays) into racism, sexism and homophobia. It's just intelligently written. It's refreshing.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
OK - i'll give it a go. Sounds like people are saying it's not the funniest thing ever, but it's not bad, it's quite funny. That'll do me. Hope it's better than that Vic and Bob thing. I like Vic and Bob, but I couldn't take more than five minutes of that. It was hilarious in 1993, but things have moved on.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Not sure where you get that from, it doesn't need to be un-PC to be funny. It takes the piss out of dark stuff like paedophilia, violence, masterbation etc but it doesn't dip 'ironically' (as some do nowadays) into racism, sexism and homophobia. It's just intelligently written. It's refreshing.

So by what you have written in your second sentence , does that not make my point "not too PC " valid ?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Really enjoying it in the Bluenitsuj household

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I guess it depends on how our definition of PC differ. No matter, it's not worth the argument, it was a small thing to pick you up on.

And how was it " a small thing to pick me up on " ?

I said " not too PC " and you said " un- PC " .

There is no argument .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is amusing. It's a bit obvious but it's well done. Daisy Hagard is my MILF of the moment and Nick Helm is largely funny. Yes, it's good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here