Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Now I'm not saying I agree with the posters that say he is just a good runner but his quote on official site made me chuckle

He told seagulls.co.uk, “I feel the sharpness slowly returning, the legs are getting a bit more used to running about and the brain is getting closer to understanding what my feet want to do.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
So that was his problem !!! Remember he's another striker we have who doesn't actually score goals - he's a tryer though and I hope he proves me wrong

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Can't wait to see CMS back, his positivity and intent is infectious and he will be like a new signing for us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So that was his problem !!! Remember he's another striker we have who doesn't actually score goals - he's a tryer though and I hope he proves me wrong

He scored 11 in 29 last season, before he got injured, and that was playing under Gus, who failed to play to his strengths. That is a pretty good scoring rate IMHO.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really hope he hasn't lost anything because of the injury.

Time will tell on that, but best of luck, Craig.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'd like to see him and Ulloa playing together. CMS could do a lot of running around distracting defenders, giving Ulloa a bit of space to hopefully put a few away. However, as we seem to have stuck with this one up front philosophy it's probably not going to happen

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'd like to see him and Ulloa playing together. CMS could do a lot of running around distracting defenders, giving Ulloa a bit of space to hopefully put a few away. However, as we seem to have stuck with this one up front philosophy it's probably not going to happen

Spoke to CMS at the DS game the other night and he said it would be good to play with Ulloa up front. As you say, will require a change in OGs philosophy for this to happen but Shirley worth a punt?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we are ever to go to 2 up top then surely this Saturday is the perfect opportunity.

Struggling for goals and form and against a struggling side at home.

Will there be more pressing arguements to try this.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He played in the most negative one dimensional formation that I've ever had the misfortune to endure, and you expect him to score goals ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He scored 11 in 29 last season, before he got injured, and that was playing under Gus, who failed to play to his strengths. That is a pretty good scoring rate IMHO.

I know I've come accross as the harbinger of doom on here recently so it should come as no surprise that I find the CMS stats for last season a bit misleading. He started the season brilliantly and scored 6 goals in the first 6 games, it then took 21 games to score his next 5 goals with the last one coming on New Years Day.He then failed to score in the next 10 fixtures before getting that awful injury. A phenomenal start which makes the stats appear a little flattering.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I know I've come accross as the harbinger of doom on here recently so it should come as no surprise that I find the CMS stats for last season a bit misleading. He started the season brilliantly and scored 6 goals in the first 6 games, it then took 21 games to score his next 5 goals with the last one coming on New Years Day.He then failed to score in the next 10 fixtures before getting that awful injury. A phenomenal start which makes the stats appear a little flattering.

Yes, he definitely scores in bursts, and a lot of strikers do. My concern is that we all get behind him and the rest of the team. It's clear we're unlikely to spend millions on a player in the near future (see financial losses thread).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He looked very good at Hull in the 1st game of last season and it was one of the rare occasions where we launched the ball long at times, he did look a different player and we were unlucky to lose that game too. Gus then reverted to type and he looked out of place in the team by the time he got his injury. There is definitely hope for him with the way Oscar plays, I hope he grabs the chance because I really want to enthuse about him.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Now I'm not saying I agree with the posters that say he is just a good runner but his quote on official site made me chuckle

He told seagulls.co.uk, “I feel the sharpness slowly returning, the legs are getting a bit more used to running about and the brain is getting closer to understanding what my feet want to do.

Due to the injury he has had to learn to walk and run a bit differently than he did before, to prevent further damage, which sounds weird, but helps make sense of the quote.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
He looked very good at Hull in the 1st game of last season and it was one of the rare occasions where we launched the ball long at times, he did look a different player and we were unlucky to lose that game too. Gus then reverted to type and he looked out of place in the team by the time he got his injury. There is definitely hope for him with the way Oscar plays, I hope he grabs the chance because I really want to enthuse about him.

Spot on. Remember that game well, had so many chances against eventually the 2nd best team in the league but ultimately a defensive error cost us :down:

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
A good hardworking footballer, I hope he comes good infront of goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here