he would like a value estimate please

Richard Carpenter match shirt

Tue 18 Oct 2005 Crystal Palace 0 - 1 BHA
chippy.png

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I can't imagine the circumstances where I would hang a framed shirt on the wall. Where do people hang them ? Not in any of the living areas I assume.

For that reason - I'm out.

I can't imagine the circumstances where I would hang a framed shirt on the wall. Where do people hang them ? Not in any of the living areas I assume.

Its like a hammock I bought in The Dominican Republic once, seemed a great idea at the time, 15 years later it's still in a bag in the shed, Kerry Mayo lives near me I'll get him to sign it if you'll give me £100 for it

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'll give him £125 for it. :thumbsup: In all seriousness just put it on ebay for the lowest he'd like to receive.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Plenty of people hang them in the social areas of their homes, others hang them at their places of work/business, I know a couple of company receptions with them hung in. Kids will hang them in their bedrooms/playrooms, pubs and clubs hang them in their bars. I seem to remember a photo of Gus Poyets TV room with several hung up.

Hopefully I've helped fire your imagination.

FWIW, I have no framed or hung shirts.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
cheers - he doesn't want to sell it really, but has stored it at my place while he decorates the study and changes it into second bedroom

i just want to get an idea of value for him

Doc - pull your finger out and get a frame to hang that hammock up - i had a simular situation (gift of a hammock) put a pole up in the garden with easy clips to hang it - it is the first thing to come out when the sun is out + pint of pimms !!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Plenty of people hang them in the social areas of their homes, others hang them at their places of work/business, I know a couple of company receptions with them hung in. Kids will hang them in their bedrooms/playrooms, pubs and clubs hang them in their bars. I seem to remember a photo of Gus Poyets TV room with several hung up.

Hopefully I've helped fire your imagination.

FWIW, I have no framed or hung shirts.

Sports club i understand. Businesses who sponsor a shirt - sure. In your loo - ok-ish. But sitting at home, looking at a nylon shirt with some corporate name on it ? I just do not understand.

Each to his own - but it amazes me there is any market for them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
£130 is my bid!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Value may be affected by the message written on the front of it.

If it's "To Stephen lots of love Chippy" then it may restrict the market somewhat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here