Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bayern STH face threat of season tickets being cancelled for not turning up

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Good idea if you ask me , 8 games is a lot to miss for the true fan , don't forget you can always get someone else to take your seat on the odd occasion so really it is not a bad idea . Wish they would introduce it to the corporate English fans at Wembley and when there is a neutral game at Wembley they should have a certain amount of time to confirm they will take their seat or sell it to someone else (not sure of the rules if this can be done) but should be an option , some games it looks so awful with those empty seats .

I am 1901 and if I can't make it and I can't get someone in my seat then I would not mind it going to someone who would appreciate it ( a Brighton fan of course) .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good idea if you ask me , 8 games is a lot to miss for the true fan , don't forget you can always get someone else to take your seat on the odd occasion so really it is not a bad idea . Wish they would introduce it to the corporate English fans at Wembley and when there is a neutral game at Wembley they should have a certain amount of time to confirm they will take their seat or sell it to someone else (not sure of the rules if this can be done) but should be an option , some games it looks so awful with those empty seats .

I am 1901 and if I can't make it and I can't get someone in my seat then I would not mind it going to someone who would appreciate it ( a Brighton fan of course) .

They only have to attend 8. Re-read it.

Seems fair to me. I'd be more severe.

They can't pass them on to mates though apparently - I guess they have photos on them.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If that happened here we'd only have 15k STH left, eh? EH? MAD BANTZ YO

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a typical Mail story where they try to make a negative out of nothing. This really is a non-story. Bayern reserve the right to cancel tickets if the owner does not attend more than 8 games. It is not automatic and will most likely only be activated if a season ticket holder is really taking the piss. It's nothing more than a rule to protect the club from people buying up their cheap tickets and not using them appropriately. Which to me is a good thing.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
It only works there because there is more demand for season tickets than supply. Would never happen at Brighton because they wouldn't be able to resell all the cancelled tickets so they would effectively be losing money.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Is this in part a result of the STs being so cheap? At <£200 a season makes sense that more are bought off the cuff, by people with less of a surging desire to squeeze the value out of each ticket?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm off to Munich in March and would love to have watched a match. Turns out it's Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen that weekend. I've got no chance! Not without spending a fortune on a tout.. Currently £125 each on SeatWave.

I've come to conclusion it'll be just as much as fun being in a rowdy German bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here