Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia on the Shortlist for Swansea

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He will be assisted by current first team coach Alan Curtis, although it is believed an approach has already been made to Brighton boss Garcia to take over in the long term.

Words from the Daily Star over the issue.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
On Radio 5 last night, they included in their reasons for his dismissal, Laudrup's lack of rapport with supporters. He came across as dispassionate and would often sit quietly on the bench, when things were not going well, rather than jump up and start ranting. It seems a small minority of our supporters share a similar view of Oscar.

Why though. You don t need to jump around like an idiot to be a good manager.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
On Radio 5 last night, they included in their reasons for his dismissal, Laudrup's lack of rapport with supporters. He came across as dispassionate and would often sit quietly on the bench, when things were not going well, rather than jump up and start ranting. It seems a small minority of our supporters share a similar view of Oscar.

I'm sure it's more than a small minority who wish he showed a bit more passion on the sideline but that doesn't mean all of those people want him gone.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If only this were true.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm sure it's more than a small minority who wish he showed a bit more passion on the sideline but that doesn't mean all of those people want him gone.

Honestly I kind of prefer his touchline manner. Seems to me he's studying the game rather than jumping around like a petulant child.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has he touted himself yet?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
wheres Malky these days
but would hope OG stays for consistancy if nothing else

albionite

May 20, 2009
There really are some total bellends on this website. The bloke has got us into 9th place into the Championship with little investment and a squad constantly struggling with injuries. Lets hope he LEAVES and MEGSON can guide us to the playoffs. He's BRITISH after all.

Well said, far too many people on here with unrealistic expectations after the summer we had and injuries this season.

Gus was pretty much sacked for tapping up players this spring, has unsettled the side and one or two of our players would of gone without the injuries. I for one think Oscar has done a very good job keeping us in touch with play offs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oscar's doing a great job in my book.

Liam Bridcutt was the lynchpin of Poyet's playing style and for 2 Championship seasons for Gus, Liam missed about 2 or 3 league games in total. Oscar has barely had Liam for more than a couple of games.

Oscar has also had a completely disrupted strike force. Ulloa out for long spells, Barnes finding it difficult to be prolific as a lone front man. To compound this, Buckley has also seen too much of the treatment room, Conway gone back from a loan spell where he really just started to find his feet. The injury to Crofts was a cruel blow for the team from a player well on his way to being player of the year.

And yet, despite all this and being in the role just half a season, we have 40 pts, 10 home games left, 8 away, and our key players all slowly coming back to form and fitness. Keep up the great work OG, I reckon the majority of us at least are still right behind you! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here