Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quarter Final Draw?

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Does anybody know when it takes place? Does not seem to be on The FA Site. Therefore, might we know who we could be playing next before we play Hull?

Jimmy Grimble

Normally after the final Sunday televised game. So yes, we will know who we could potentially be playing...

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
But the last Sunday game is on BT Sport. Thought it more likely to be on ITV.

Jimmy Grimble

Wasn't aware of that. I'm sure it's been confirmed that the draw is on the Sunday though.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Imagine if we get a great draw. Could that be good or bad knowing in advance?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Shame is that if the winner of our game gets one of the weaker sides in the 6th round, hull could turn out a stronger side than they otherwise might.

So might we?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
There is a chance that the runners-up in t he cup could be in Europe next season. While I know the aim is to reach the play-offs, we are only a few games away from a possible place in Europe and the extra revenue that it brings. Personally I would like to see us take the cup seriously. Not because I want to see us playing European football (but that would be nice) but because the extra income will allow us to strengthen the squad for a big push next season.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There is a chance that the runners-up in t he cup could be in Europe next season. While I know the aim is to reach the play-offs, we are only a few games away from a possible place in Europe and the extra revenue that it brings. Personally I would like to see us take the cup seriously. Not because I want to see us playing European football (but that would be nice) but because the extra income will allow us to strengthen the squad for a big push next season.

Europa league would end next seasons hopes of a play off place!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Europa League anytime. The Amex in Europe would be wonderful. We were a kick away in 83 (Dukla Prague as it would have turned out, Winners to meet Barca.) I know we would end playing some obscure Eastern European teams but hey ho, another Visa in the passport.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
But as I asked at the start can anyone confirm when the draw is?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It will be after the last televised Round of 16 game on the Sunday.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Call it what it is, the FA CUP QUARTER FINALS

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Europa League anytime. The Amex in Europe would be wonderful. We were a kick away in 83 (Dukla Prague as it would have turned out, Winners to meet Barca.) I know we would end playing some obscure Eastern European teams but hey ho, another Visa in the passport.

Would be fantastic and worthy of forfeiting a promotion in my eyes.

Following the Albion and being on the piss to various european hell holes would be the best moments of following the Albion so far.

Anyone who went to the recent Portugal and Spain tours will understand.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I might be wrong but I think the losers in an FA Cup final would not qualify for Europe. Even if you lost to Man City who are already in it I think the FA have already said that they would take the next premiership team in the league.

Can anyone confirm?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"In the event the FA Cup winners are qualified for the UEFA Champions League the FA Cup runners-up will qualify, but in the place reserved for the lowest ranking Barclays Premier League representative"

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/who-qualifies-to-play-in-europe/

Three Europa League spots - 5th place, League Cup winners and FA Cup winners.

If the FA Cup winners have already qualified for Europe, then it goes to the runner up. If both FA Cup finalists have already qualified for Europe, then it goes to the 6th place team.

Are these new rules or have I just do got out enough recently ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here