Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

adam getting some stick!!

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Getting some stick on a bristol forum www.otib.co.uk
Playing out of position it sounds.
I am sure he will come good, too good a player and experienced.
Strange as he played some solid games when he was called on this season.
Show them your class Adam.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Having grown up at the Albion and worked his way through the pecking order with the likes of Oatway & Cullip, it's not easy to take that status into somewhere new and is bound to take time to blend with the new characters at City. He's a good player, a warrior, and will eventually win the crowd & teammates over.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
From one of their posters -

“ El "Bad " ?

The jury's out but unless the "reverse midas " touch has been applied, this is a good player who ,having been at one club all his career, probably needs a little time to settle get back to his normal "narsty" self “

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The commentators at tonight's match are really sticking the boot into him.

:tosser:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
How many players from other clubs have we signed with glowing reports and then..........................their flair, fitness, luck or whatever, completely deserts them.

Come on Adam show them what you are about.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Hes El Awful! Already becoming one of our worst signings in history. Yes its early days but hes a pro, i expect something rather than nothing. Brighton fans must be easily pleased if this guy was as good as they say!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hes El Awful! Already becoming one of our worst signings in history. Yes its early days but hes a pro, i expect something rather than nothing. Brighton fans must be easily pleased if this guy was as good as they say!
He was bag average for us under Adams, but then Poyet proclaimed him as the best defender at the club and he went on to prove that.

Maybe part of the problem here is that you're expecting a man who you paid decent money for, to sort your defensive issues. I think that's the manager's job in training in reality.

He was bag average for us under Adams, but then Poyet proclaimed him as the best defender at the club and he went on to prove that.

Maybe part of the problem here is that you're expecting a man who you paid decent money for, to sort your defensive issues. I think that's the manager's job in training in reality.

They're playing him at Right back too.

Jimmy Grimble

El-Abd is far more of a confidence player than his hard man exterior lets on.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

Apologies, I did not make it clear. These were words taken from their fan site. I thought he would find it tough there to start but was not expecting to read that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Frankly, it sounds like you've found a new scapegoat. Who was the previous one(s) before AE-A signed? As others have already observed: if your current manager thinks his ( AE-A) best position is at right-back, I reckon you should be asking questions about the Boss' ability & judgement.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
El Abd - below average Championship centre half, but good league one centre half
El Abd - crap right back at any level and that includes sunday league.

He is a centre half, and a centre half only. Not enough pace or ball skills to be a right back.

It's like playing Messi in goal

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I listened to their commentary last night, the BC supporters actually cheered when he was subbed off in the second half.

Such a shame to hear. He'll come good given time, but it must be pretty tough for him at the moment.

Here is their El-Abd comments.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
AEA is the worst player that BC have ever had.... and Lifelong Supporter is now the most hated poster on NSC....... :lolol:

(Have to admit, when I first read your post Lifelong, that my immediate thoughts were......... "I didn't know we had a resident Brizzie fan on out board).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Forget about AEA, it's more important that we drive filth-spreading vermin like Lifelong Supporter out of this club before he does any more damage.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
El Abd is an interesting player. He was not getting anywhere near our side until Poyet came. Within weeks he heralded El Abd as the best natural defender at the club. But even he said players were told not to give him the ball as he couldn't do anything with it.

But he fitted in well with the style of play we had for a while until Upson came along and was clearly better. But he is a centre half and a centre half only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here