Jun 5, 2011
cms-l229-1340395_478x359.jpg

Mackail-Smith played 50 minutes against Crystal Palace for Albion's under-21s

PUBLISHED
19:38 4th February 2014
by Adam Tighe
I feel the sharpness slowly returning"
Craog Mackail-Smith
Craig Mackail-Smith says his recent return to match action has been enjoyable but admitted he is still a little way off a first-team return.The striker completed 50 minutes last night for the under-21s in the 3-2 win over Crystal Palace and feels he is gradually approaching match fitness.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I feel the sharpness slowly returning, the legs are getting a bit more used to running about and the brain is getting closer to understanding what my feet want to do.
“It was nice to nod it down to Brennan [Dickenson] for the [opening] goal and it was a fantastic strike, but it is good to be around the young lads and give them a bit of advice. They are helping me back into it so it is good fun.
cms-ll229-1340396.jpg

Macca holds the ball up at Culver Road
“It was my decision at half-time regarding how I felt and I wanted to come out and do a bit more. I didn’t have any problems.
“There is another game next week so I will probably be involved with that, then there is the [first-team] game against Leeds and I would like to be involved with that as I always score against them, but I don’t think I will make that.
“It is just a case of doing bits and pieces then it is probably down to the gaffer and the physios when I can come back, but there are four homes games in a row so it would be nice to be in one of them.”
Tickets for Albion's next four home games available now online, at the Amex Ticket Office or via the telephone on 08443271901.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here