Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U16 tickets

JordanBHA

May 1, 2013
This may seem like a stupid question but under 16 tickets is it 16 and under or 15 and under??:banana:

dave hylands

Feb 13, 2009
Eastbourne
It's 15 and under, I have a 16 year old son and have just paid full price for a Millwall ticket for him.
I thought it was the age at the start of the season, 15 and under, but if turns 16 during the season, still classed as under. But I must be wrong

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought it was the age at the start of the season, 15 and under, but if turns 16 during the season, still classed as under. But I must be wrong

No Dave, I was surprised that I had to pay full price for a ticket for him for Millwall, he has just turned 16 and is still a schoolboy, Watford was £15 for 16-19 year olds.

I had to pay extra for my 10 year olds season ticket this season, he went from under 10 price to over 10 tens, he was 10 in September but still had to pay for over 10 before this season started.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's such an archaic age bracket.

How many 16-21 year olds (plus some more) are self-sufficient and can afford to go and watch a game of football?

Agree, £26 for a Millwall ticket for a 16 year old schoolboy is a bit steep, but I said he could go before I saw the price so it would be unfair to buy him a ticket.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Are you 100% sure ??

100% sure . My son who was 10 on the 23rd September 2013 was "upgraded" to an under 18 and my direct debit was increased accordingly.
An oversight on my part for not checking the bank statements earlier , but only last month when preparing my tax returns i noticed the error.
The club have returned my over payment onto my E cash (some £150.00 i may add) and all is well .
They did say that many others had the same problem but most had noticed earlier than i.
I suggest you contact the club asap. :D

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Having said all that , im sure that prior to this season there was no under 16 bracket ? ( under 10 then a jump to under 18)
Maybe things have changed due to demand from fans that kids aged between 10 and 16 were still 100% dependent on their parents ?
Either way a phone call to the club would do no harm ?
Good luck.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
100% sure . My son who was 10 on the 23rd September 2013 was "upgraded" to an under 18 and my direct debit was increased accordingly.
An oversight on my part for not checking the bank statements earlier , but only last month when preparing my tax returns i noticed the error.
The club have returned my over payment onto my E cash (some £150.00 i may add) and all is well .
They did say that many others had the same problem but most had noticed earlier than i.
I suggest you contact the club asap. :D

Thank you very much for that, my son was 10 on September the 5th so I will be contacting the club. :thumbsup:

Jimmy Grimble

It's such an archaic age bracket.

How many 16-21 year olds (plus some more) are self-sufficient and can afford to go and watch a game of football?

Agreed. There really should be an 16-21/18-21/student season ticket price available. It's the age where a real love for the club can begin to blossom alongside enjoying the social aspect of a day out at football with your mates. Sad that so many could be missing out on it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Apologies Dave, I was talking about an away ticket and you were talking about home tickets, thanks to [MENTION=20367]Magicman[/MENTION] for the heads up on the home kids tickets.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
it's such an archaic age bracket.

I admit that paying full fare is quite annoying especially when I get paid peanuts at my job, and it ALL goes to fund my Football addiction.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed. There really should be an 16-21/18-21/student season ticket price available. It's the age where a real love for the club can begin to blossom alongside enjoying the social aspect of a day out at football with your mates. Sad that so many could be missing out on it.

My brother-in-law (met my sister in Oxford) and had a £90 season ticket for Oxford United (his club from birth).

Just in my circle of friends and acquaintances, there were 10 non-Oxford fans who bought season tickets to get their football fix.

We're doing something wrong if the ground is not full.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Agree, £26 for a Millwall ticket for a 16 year old schoolboy is a bit steep, but I said he could go before I saw the price so it would be unfair to buy him a ticket.

I found that although it defaulted to £26 for my 16 year old lad I could alter the line to an U16 ticket and this was charged to me when I checked out. Saved myself £13!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Having said all that , im sure that prior to this season there was no under 16 bracket ? ( under 10 then a jump to under 18)
Maybe things have changed due to demand from fans that kids aged between 10 and 16 were still 100% dependent on their parents ?
Either way a phone call to the club would do no harm ?
Good luck.

I thought the U10 & U16 categories were for the Family Stand only. Elsewhere it's just U18.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here