Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downsides to Poyet? - Sunderland fan here

Sunderland

Feb 1, 2014
Hello all, as you may have gleened from my username I'm a Sunderland fan.

Throughout the transfer window I've been lurking on this forum, mainly due to our pursuit of Bridcutt and seeing if there was any info that you lot had that our fans didn't etc.

Anyway, I've noticed quite a large amount of negativity towards Poyet on here, which is quite surprising to an outsider looking in considering what he achieved here. As you may have guessed our fans are in love with him at the moment, for the first time in a long time it looks like we have a manager who actually has a clear plan and an inkling of what he is actually doing. We are firmly on the 'gus bus' right now :smile:

Basically, I'd just love to here some opinions from you lot on Poyet, and why a section of you are critical of him? We have had a few Brighton fans on our forum, but the majority of them were rather, erm, 'short fused' to put it kindly and didn't take well to our pursuit of Bridcutt (who by the way looks a cracking player).

I'd appreciate any feedback really, specifically any downsides to Gus, maybe what to expect in the future, and why his tenure here has become tainted?

Cheers.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Dad's from Ryope and from my knowledge of Sunderland fans you don't cut the mustard.

Why do you want to look for negatives at this moment of time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Enjoy the good times. Of course you love him now.

You'll find out given time.

*project poyet*

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
hes great until a managerial vacancy comes up at a 'bigger' club... also, he may have an issue with deciding if a team has reached its potential regardless of what others think

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:stupid:We were also very heavily on the Gus bus as what he achieved with us was outstanding. The major concern from us was the manner in which he left, and he will do the same to you as he is destined to be a top manager and when a top club either in tbis country or abroad come knocking he will say that he has achieved all he can with you. I am certain that he will keep you up if only to improve his profile which is uppermost in his mind

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have no problems with Poyet as a manager, he seems to have what it takes in the prem and if he had stayed with us he could have been the manager to take us up and keep us there.
But the manner in which he left us was disgusting and I for one will never forgive him.
I know there is no loyalty in football but we gave him his first shot, he did well, but he always thought he was bigger than the club.
He was always going to go sometime when a prem team came knocking, but he showed zero respect to the club and fans.
If I ever see him personally I will throw my shoes at him.
Make the most of Gus, he will put his foot in it soon and he will leave you as soon as a better option comes up, if you survive relegation that could be sooner than you think.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
He tried to turn the media against us by pretending that his "live dismissal on tv" was the first he'd heard about it, which was bollox!

He is a good manager though, and one day he'll be a great manager. I think a lot of what you read on here is just sour grapes.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We have plenty of dick head fans who have nothing better to do then find a fault or knock someone down. It's quite common down this way. Quite simply Poyet has been the best thing to happen to our club for decades apart from obviously Bloom. The grass isn't always greener as they are finding out.

You have a cracking manager who is hungry and has a great eye in spotting a good player. He can be frustrating with the things he says but if you take that away then it wouldn't be Poyet being himself

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Wait till he feels the need to comment on bitey racist suarez when it would better served concentrating on the job in hand. Or "distance" himself from Chelsea when the special one leaves or wants to splash loads of cash (but is then told he has a budget to stick to) then he will talk of ceilings.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Give him a couple of years when your honeymoon period wears off and you'll realise what an egotistical big mouth he is with an opinion on everything, even if it's nothing to do with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here