Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New presenter of "The Sky at Night"

AlbionRob

Dec 25, 2011
Female, black, and has dislexia.

Ticks all the boxes for the BBC at one go then.

Did you spell dyslexia wrong on purpose? If so, whoosh to me!

Why is dyslexia so hard to spell?

Why is there only one monopolies commission?

What were Barn Owls called before barns?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My mate's really turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

She is also an expert in her field and received an MBE for services to educating children. And she isn't some mindless nobody mouthing off on an Internet forum. Your point is? The BBC shouldn't hire black women, presumably.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lovely girl and knows what she is talking about

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

is Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock a lesbian as well having a PhD in mechanical engineering from Imperial and being one of our leading space scientists then??

Last edited:

Maggie Aderin-Pocock, MBE is an English space scientist.
She is a research fellow in UCL Department of Science and Technology Studies and an Honorary Research Associate in UCL Department of Physics and Astronomy.
She previously held two other fellowships related to science communication, including science and society fellowships 2006-2008 and Particle Physics and Astronomy Research Council 2008-2010.[
She attended Imperial College London, earning a BSc in physics in 1990 and a doctorate in mechanical engineering in 1994.
In 2009, she was appointed an MBE for her services to science and education. She also was awarded an honorary doctorate from Staffordshire Universityin 2009 for contributions to the field of science education.

Seems to me she's well qualified for the job so shove yer Daily Mail up Uranus.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

So...hang on, you're thinking it was a job given to her through some sort of equal opportunities policy, just so she would tick the boxes whereas, in actuality, it's entirely possible that those same equality rules ensured that the best person for the job (which it's quite easy to argue that she is) didn't get overlooked in the first place...

I like this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Can you explain the point of this post? Or maybe ask for the thread to be deleted if you are now regretting posting it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
11 posts on a thread about a woman and nobody has either asked or voiced an opinion of whether they 'would' or not.

NSC is going to the dogs :nono:

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
I first heard of her on the radio talking about how the Clangers made her want to be a space scientist. I thought she sounded brilliant. Had I known she was black and dyslexic I would have switched off and listened to something nice and white instead.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange thread. I haven't watched Sky at night for ages, so I was interested to find out who the new presenter was.

So I opened a thread titled New presenter of "The Sky at Night"

She is not actually mentioned until Titanic's post (No 6!)

But the question is, Would you?

maxresdefault.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here