Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why did you take out a season ticket to go to matches?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Following on from the will you renew if we miss out on the play-offs or better poll & thread, one more thread again aimed at countering the negativity that a lot of people on this board (possibly driven by the fear that if we arn't successful then our support will drift away and therefore the club, the team and the whole world is doomed as they would have you believe because because of lack of investment, ffp, etc) So.....

Did you sign up to an Albion season ticket at the begining of the season only because you thought that there is a chance that we would be promoted or at least reach the play-offs at the end of the season, if this isn't your reason, why did you get one? and if it looked less likely we would be challenging next season, would you renew?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Have been a season ticket for ages and can't see that ever changing regardless of anything, unless it got so expensive that I simply could not afford it any more.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I got one because I intended to go to all the home matches because I'm an Albion supporter.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cheaper and less hassle buying tickets game by game.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Cheaper and less hassle buying tickets game by game.

For the reasons already cited, plus to give me an added incentive to make the 250 mile round trip to support the side in the flesh. I found that when I didn't have a season ticket, I missed more games because other stuff got in the way.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I got one so I could get pissed every other weekend and not get any grief as I could use 'it's football, that's what happens' as an excuse!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My son and I went to a few games together at Withdean, I could tell he wasn't really in to the whole experience, but did get better over time as he grew older.

I didn't get a season ticket in the first season as I worried it would interfere with his basketball matches, but since the first game we went to together at the Amex I knew we would end up being season ticket holders.

Now it is pretty much the only 'quality time' with my son, between my work and our hobbies we don't spend a great deal of time together anymore.

We love the walk to the ground catching up on things, and now he is as involved in the games as I am. All the time he still wants to go I'll keep getting our season tickets.

So that I could be 100% certain of getting a ticket for the first game at the Amex. After putting up with thick and thin since 1959 - mostly thin, but the thick more than made up for that - I wasn't going to miss that game even though I live a thousand miles away.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sat next to 18 mates at Gillingham & Withdean now 42 of us at Falmer.
You lose 1 friend a year as you get older, it it wasn't for football I'd be at -20 by now

Have been a season ticket for ages and can't see that ever changing regardless of anything, unless it got so expensive that I simply could not afford it any more.

But a season ticket offers a significant discount that, combined with the direct debit deal, is incredibly convenient and affordable. And it's there - no hassle or need to do anything pre-match to ensure a seat.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I took out a ST in the first Amex season as it seemed possible it might be the only way to ensure tickets every week. With the ground expansion that is no longer the case. If we are sitting in mid table obscurity I will delay my decision.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Got a season ticket because I've loved following the Albion for nearly 40 years. If it was all about promotion I'd have stopped going years ago and followed another team.

As someone else said I also spend some quality time going with my son and get just as much out of his enjoyment as the football.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Had one in the north at goldstone, didn't have one at Gillingham because I worked Saturdays, me and junior GG got them at Withdean and we wanted decent seats at the Amex, coupled with the fact I've watched them for nearly 38 years. A no brainer for me unless we ever start charging 'Arsenal' prices.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got a season ticket when we first moved back to Withdean, basically just to guarantee being able to get to every game. As mates dropped by the wayside, I didn't bother for a couple of seasons but still went to every game, but then got the season ticket back for the last 2 seasons there to help get me up the list for an Amex season ticket.

No reason not to renew now as it's cheaper if you go to every game, and I sit with a good bunch of mates.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Will be reverse psychology soon, will be cool NOT to have a Season Ticket in order to distance from being a post-Withdean JCL.

Started going in about 1972, moaned then and will moan now. But, as the saying goes, it's in yer blood. Oh yeah, we were abysmal on Sunday, need some 'Nobby Horton' steel in midfield.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here