Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Negativity

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
That has to be the most negative, negative comment about negativity I have ever seen.

I can see your negativity in pointing out how negative the negativity in the original negative comment was.

:ffsparr:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I always roll my eyes when you hear about teams like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and how their poor fans are "suffering" and in a "crisis" when they've lost 2 games in a row, and now it looks like we're beginning to get a bit like that. Think back to '97 when we were just about to lose the Goldstone, if someone came up and offered Championship football in one of the best stadiums in the land, would you have turned it down because the prospect of mid table in the second tier wasn't good enough for you? Let's try and put things into perspective, if you weren't around when we played Hereford on the last day of the season with our league status depending on one game, and nowhere to call 'home' the following season, well what we have now is like paradise compared to that. All this whinging and moaning is nothing but disrespectful to all those back then who fought for this club. Just enjoy the ride, I've been a fan of this club for 30 years and I can't think of a better time to be a Brighton fan, and I live in Devon so I get to very few games now, but right now I love our club more than ever with what we have, and what we've achieved over the last 5 years

That's really what I was trying to say, with a lot more rationality and clarity. i started following the club at Gillingham, and attend the home games. This season, for me,is the best so far, and the moaning and backbiting on the board lately, is beyond my comprehension.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The Amex was built for Premiership football and infact European football at least that was the spin on the tours at the start. Assuming we are in the championship next season that is 4 seasons, so what is the timescale 5 seasons, 10, 20 ? The clear and present danger is that the club will not capitalise on the wave of enthusiasm and hope with incredible support at the moment and that will inevitably wain which I think will happen next season. We could be a Birmingham in 2 years getting 15000 in and that is not the game plan, certainly not what Perry said at the inquiry last year for permission to get 5000 extra seats. The plan, very much was, premiership asap.

Please don't tell me your going to start moaning about having 4 season in the Championship? FFS when was the last time we managed to achieve that?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
well said! what makes me laugh is how going into the Watford game everyone was happy and confident . lose at Watford and everyone is all doom and gloom . couple of home wins and everyone will be happy again. always been like this on NSC

As proven in my thread the other day, it isn't everyone at all. It's a small minority who go on and on and on and on, and presumably whinge about everything else in life too and will die miserable.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That's really what I was trying to say, with a lot more rationality and clarity. i started following the club at Gillingham, and attend the home games. This season, for me,is the best so far, and the moaning and backbiting on the board lately, is beyond my comprehension.

This season is the best since Gillingham?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Please don't tell me your going to start moaning about having 4 season in the Championship? FFS when was the last time we managed to achieve that?

Read what I said again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As proven in my thread the other day, it isn't everyone at all. It's a small minority who go on and on and on and on, and presumably whinge about everything else in life too and will die miserable.

You're presuming that people that voice their frustrations about their football team on a message board will 'die miserable'? You must have serious issues to post something like that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You're presuming that people that voice their frustrations about their football team on a message board will 'die miserable'? You must have serious issues to post something like that.

Nope, no issues here. It's all about personality types. Either you're a miserable person or you're not.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Read what I said again.

I have and my reply still stands, You can't put a timescale on when you expect to reach the premier league and if we spend 4,5,6 years or whatever in the championship before we get there it's still a great achievement considering where we've been for a long time. Maybe some of the fan base will fall away but there's nothing to say that won't happen when we get to the premier league anyway especially if we're in a constant relegation battle.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think most fans see the big picture as being fairly rosy and are generally happy about the style of footie under Oscar but are a tad frustrated at little things like Spanish Dave seemingly being undroppable when clearly there are talents on the bench worth giving a go. I also think we are entitled to moan (a bit) if a player has a mare of a game. Plus many fans can see that small tweaks such as giving Ulloa a bit more support up front could make a difference. These are all 'fine tuning' and no reason to panic or over-react.

I actually think the Watford result was a useful reality check. We aren't a bad team but maybe expectations are a bit high especially given all the disruption we've had across the squad. I hope it will come together once everyone is available and match fit.

Off the pitch we have a fabulous set up and the Club is in great hands. Again it is frustrating that we cannot compete with certain Clubs financially - but rightly we will not put our long term future at risk. It will make success that much sweeter if we can do it 'on a budget'.

Unfortunately some fans demand instant success no matter what happens.

This. The likes of this might be why NSC is worth bothering with. It presents a nuanced argument, something that is to be encouraged.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I would also place a large sum of money that most of them vote either for the Tories or UKIP.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I see the Albion as my team and therefore have the right to be negative or positive depending upon the criteria of the moment. I am not a TB bum licker. It is my club as much as his, if he does not agree he can go, with his debts, and build stadiums, hotels and IKEA stores elsewhere.

ps First Division, Goldstone, Withdean, Tony Bloom Stadium and , of course, Gillingham.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
bloody looking forward to going to the game on saturday

haven't been for weeks

and then Leeds on the tuesday night !! ace

if you are feeling negative, drive past the goldstone, then presitfield, then withdean, eat a horse burger in a toilet, stand in the rain, have a little read of all the names on the remberance wall at the ground..............

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We should have invested more in the squad in Jan (not, not millions, there is a middle ground). Oscar needs to pick more attacking players (Kaz was fit to play and should have started at Watford, for example). Other than that, all good.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Its no different to this time last season under Poyet after every poor result when it was all moaning about possesion and no shots again. Most football fans have little intelligence unfortunately. We are just outside the play offs having our second most suucessful season at this stage in over 30 years. Most games ive seen have been entertaining. Something to really moan about!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I see the Albion as my team and therefore have the right to be negative or positive depending upon the criteria of the moment. I am not a TB bum licker. It is my club as much as his, if he does not agree he can go, with his debts, and build stadiums, hotels and IKEA stores elsewhere.

ps First Division, Goldstone, Withdean, Tony Bloom Stadium and , of course, Gillingham.

TB deserves more credit than this BS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here