Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus, Tanno, and Charlie ... does ANYONE know?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well here we are, nigh on 6 months down the line since our eminent management trio were first suspended, and then sacked. Has anyone during that time managed to glean any more information from the Club as to what actually constituted gross misconduct?, and why was Tanno absolved of all blame and reinstated, whereas the other two miscreants were found guiilty. I so hate cover-ups!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, and we'll never find out officially. Why should we? Are disciplinaries publically discussed at your work in an official manner?

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Threads like this caused Bozza and NSC a lot of grief in the summer. I would recommend refraining from posting information on that subject

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can reveal all, it was cos Gus was a ****.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's not a cover-up, but it is rightly confidential as it would be in any other business.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No, and we'll never find out officially. Why should we? Are disciplinaries publically discussed at your work in an official manner?

No of course not, but working for your normal run of the mill company isn't quite the same thing as working in the public eye and being employed as the manager of a Championship football club supported by tens of thousands of people.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No of course not, but working for your normal run of the mill company isn't quite the same thing as working in the public eye and being employed as the manager of a Championship football club supported by tens of thousands of people.

Is there a different set of laws for these kind of companies then ?

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
I've never known of anything else that so many people claim to know the answer to which, that hasn't actually been leaked everywhere so that everyone else does as well.

Either impressively well guarded or maybe more people claiming to know than actually do?

Aug 23, 2011
I've never known of anything else that so many people claim to know the answer to which, that hasn't actually been leaked everywhere so that everyone else does as well.

Either impressively well guarded or maybe more people claiming to know than actually do?

People claiming to be in the know falsely? Surely that wouldn't happen?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Why, oh why, can't people just get over the whole sorry saga and move on?

I'm totally fed up with all the threads on here about Gus this & Gus that. He's gone. Get over it!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Given the number of contradicting stories* coming out that don't seem to agree, and even the argus, who have claimed through naylor they don't post things without sourcing them properly, has released stories that contradict each other, I would suggest it's the latter. (Or the cynic might suggest a mixture of some people from within or supporting from outside one camp or the other leaking either lies or heavily spun versions of the truth to people wanting that spread through the fan base to serve their own agendas).

*unfortunately the stories aren't detailed, just "I know the truth, and if you did you would think ... of gus/the club"

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I so hate cover-ups!

No, but l'm sure far more people would want to know why Gus was sacked, as to why l was!

Not being told something doesn't make it a cover-up, it just means that it's nothing to do with you, quite a difference really.

I could be wrong but are you suggesting that because some/many/a few people want to know what went on then the club should disclose the gory details? Why?

More than anything, beyond sating your curiousity, could you ever see that 'the truth' coming out as having a positive impact in some way? It'd just drag us all back to the grief of last year. Move on.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The problem is of course, even if someone did know the definite and actual reasons and posted them truthfully on this very thread, there would be no proof available in the public domain, so you would be left in a position of just trusting the post, or disbelieving it, and really nothing would have changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here