Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for having several very tall forwards and continually pumping high balls to them?

Well if everyone else can post daft threads on playing style I thought I might as well have a go. I played Subbuteo when younger and watch football so think I am qualified to hold a view.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do believe quite a few Albion fans would LOVE this style to be re-introduced, enough of this continental fannying about with the ball. GET INTO THEM

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The best tactic from corners and set pieces would be what they do in rugby.

Not saying exactly the same but some sort of lifting assistance to help with headers?

rugby.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cannot BELIEVE we don't play 442 with a BIG MAN and a SMALL MAN and TWO QUICK WINGERS.

Why did we sack Micky Adams?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well if everyone else can post daft threads on playing style I thought I might as well have a go. I played Subbuteo when younger and watch football so think I am qualified to hold a view.

Considering some of the mindless dross that's been posted recently, I'd consider you over-qualified.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Agree with OP. I don't think the strikers should be taller than the crossbar though - they may be more likely to head the ball too high? What about a goalie who's really wide as well as tall - leaves less for opposition to aim at. Also, defenders who are really good tacklers, but pacy and with a striker's instinct when going forward. To finish it all off, midfielders who are really terrific - in the air, on the ground, who can read the game really really well. I think these are the kinds of players we should be looking at getting in - and quickly too before we have relgation issues. I really don't think that cost should be an issue - if we want these players, we need to pay for them. Simple as that.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
Whilst we're at it, perhaps the ground staff could overhaul their methods too?

v0_master.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think that we need to go truly 'old-school' and use some of the very first football formations and tactics.
From my limited knowledge, this would involve 2/3 defenders with the rest as forwards, with namby pamby stuff like 'passing' being frowned on.

Bring in Joe Kinnear to spearhead this brave move and watch as we're finally lauded for our gloriously entertaining football.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I will be sure to shout 'FILL THE BOX WITH ATTACK-MINDED PLAYERS' whenever we get a freekick, throw-in or corner kick

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here