dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Effects.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
How have our dog owning community found the after affects of having a male dog neutered:eek:,just booked the poor chap in? Did behaviour change much?

We did this on NSC, they were all banned for a few months and the board was a better place for it.

Sorry just read beyond the title. This guy puts up a strong case in defence of keeping them, which goes against the current orthodoxy. Worth a read to get a different perspective.

http://www.doglistener.co.uk/neutering_definitive

We have a pedigree Sussex Spaniel and he may need to be called into action, to help keep the breed from diappearing. He is almost one and I am looking for excuses to not put him in for the op.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think my dog became more nervy and timid after he had his off. Before that he'd be submissive and lie on the ground if he got fightened. Once he had them off though he'd see another dog and get stressed out. If it approached him and was over bearing and annoying he'd just flip out and attack them.

And when a 12kg Whippet attacks it's like lighting to the first punch.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
to answer the OP's question - I have a Black Lab called Stan who had the op just before christmas at 10 months old. He has calmed down a bit because he was getting to be a handful when out walking, at dog training and generally about the house. He is currently asleep on my feet instead of usually tearing about chewing anything in sight.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
How have our dog owning community found the after affects of having a male dog neutered:eek:,just booked the poor chap in? Did behaviour change much?

I am SO glad you were talking about a dogs bollox! Mine just went into hiding !

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I have a 4 year old springer spaniel and thinking of getting him done.

When he was a pup he was quite shy and timid but now, when out walking he "has a go" [barking / scrapping] but only with male dogs, and not all.

Is this the Alpha male in him and would castration stop this? I like to let him off the lead, but you just know that 1 in 10 dogs he meets, its gonna kick off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Everydoggy hates our boy. We think it's because he's got balls. Would slicing them make him more popular? Would you be as popular on NSC if you'd had the snip?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here