Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New training ground video on Player

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I know it's a dull thing to say given the current tension about spending in the Transfer Window but watching Martin Perry's new training ground video on Player make you realise just how UNBELIEVABLY lucky we are to have Tony Bloom in charge of our club.

The place looks amazing and according to Perry will be finished in 18 weeks.

The future is bright people.

:albion2:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I particularly liked the bit when talking in front of the Academy training pitches he said "it's hard to believe that just last April that was a muddy field" :)

D

Deleted member 22389

Absolutely brilliant. Can't believe we have this on top of the stadium. Just look at our set up now. Quite simply the only other place where you will find these type of facilities would be at a Premier League club.
Can see us attracting a lot of players because of it. The size of that indoor pitch is amazing.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
What player would turn down facilities like this. I want an indoor training ground like that.

The type that don't get offered enough money

Money talks

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Money talks indeed.....how much has gone into this little project?
In the future we may well look at it as money well spent!

D

Deleted member 22389

The type that don't get offered enough money

Money talks

Good quality youth players who can step up and generally stay with the club.
Would you have preffered the club gamble the money on players and not have the training ground/

The training facilities at the moment are appaling. The players have nowhere to train inside.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
TWO Amex replica pitches - same dimensions, same pitch surface (fibre-lastic?), same drainage, same undersoil heating... and one with advertising boards and floodlights... just WOW!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The academy will be category 2 status but does anyone know what involves to be Cat 1 status?

More down to investment I think. I read somewhere, you need to be regularly churning out £1m+ players from it, for Cat 1 to 'really' be worth it. Cat 2 is more than fine for the first few years I imagine

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
More down to investment I think. I read somewhere, you need to be regularly churning out £1m+ players from it, for Cat 1 to 'really' be worth it. Cat 2 is more than fine for the first few years I imagine

Just found this bit - 'FA rules state that a club with Category 1 status must have several full time employees that, under Category 3, can be made part-time or removed all together'

Thought we have full employees at the new training ground so then it should be Cat 1?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
looking very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here