Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS u21 game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It's the development team. Anyway a few overage players have always been allowed to play in under 21 games, even internationals.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rather inaccurately named then.

Its replaced traditional 'reserve' fixtures, so they had to have some allowance to let players coming back from injury get some competitive game time. Seems sensible to me.

The 'Largely U21s, but some overs allowed' team doesn't really read right does it ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's the Reserves, however it is dressed up, if you call something more dramatic the staff can secure a higher wage, I'm surprised it's not the 'Elite Acadamy future superstars &
Million pound exit transfers team'

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Who gives a sh1t what it is called!? Did anyone go, and if so how did CMS get on? Did he still have his old pace and workrate?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Who gives a sh1t what it is called!? Did anyone go, and if so how did CMS get on? Did he still have his old pace and workrate?

You can still watch the game on Youtube. CMS didn't seen to do lot to be honest. Taken off early in the second half.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

I watched it from half time on the you tube feed so I didn't see an awful lot of him, was quiet with flashes of his former form but what do expect from a player coming back from serious injury.
Our young goalie Christian Walton looks like he could be a real star for the future.
Anyway, may I draw your attention to this thread from last night

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?t=294841

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Quite agree about Walton. Hopefully, the powers that be will be able to free up one set of wages at least by releasing either Ankergren or Brezovan and promoting Walton to first team squad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Quite agree about Walton. Hopefully, the powers that be will be able to free up one set of wages at least by releasing either Ankergren or Brezovan and promoting Walton to first team squad.

Seeing as Brez, Casper and PIG(if we're not promoted) will all go in the summer, he should get an excellent chance to jump up the pecking order.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I believe you can play up to three over 21 players, three games must be played at your 1st teams ground.

Macca is just getting his match fitness and had a good run out, did not get too much of the ball but it is all about his recuperation at the moment.

It was a great game you can still watch it on you tube if you want to check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e23saRgqdtE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUf-cpC9WAdOsas19JHipukA

Game starts at 4:45

Penalty save at 15:00, Walton played very well, the save seemed to turn the game, Our winning goal at 1:30

Palace over head, up and under goal was very bizarre as well 1:47:25

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here