Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno

VivaMG

Feb 3, 2014
Be interested to get your thoughts on Bruno? I personally don't rate him i want my right back to do the simple things well and ultimately defend.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Popular figure, but never the same after being knocked out by Tyson.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
When he is on-form he is stunning. However, even then the basic rules of defending seem to elude him. THAT goal against Bolton though....

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Could do a job I suppose. Brighton would be his preferred destination.

imgres.jpg

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

He is our Glenn Johnson : on form there are fewer finer sights, but......

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Embarrassingly exposed by David on Sunday. Time after time he was dragged out of position due to David's inability to track back and do a job defensively.

Put a proper winger in front of him and someone who is prepared to do the defensive duties allowing Bruno to get forward and we have one of the best right backs in The championship IMO.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm a Brunoholic. Not a great defender by any means, but as a playmaker in a team that generally trundles and heaves, he's a perfect flaironaut and an antedote to the sometime uninspiring poking and prodding that i'm not blown away by. Calde tears around, but is no great defender himself, and simply doesn't have the same ball-playing abilities as the Broons. He's great though. A real role-model and a perfect squad player.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm a Brunoholic. Not a great defender by any means, but as a playmaker in a team that generally trundles and heaves, he's a perfect flaironaut and an antedote to the sometime uninspiring poking and prodding that i'm not blown away by. Calde tears around, but is no great defender himself, and simply doesn't have the same ball-playing abilities as the Broons. He's great though. A real role-model and a perfect squad player.

This. And like the description of 'perfect flaironaut'. Bruno does the unexpected -- sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way -- which is not something you normally associate with a right-back. His defending is not as bad as many on NSC make out, although I have to confess that I'm more reassured by the 'left' side of defence -- Upson and Ward -- than the 'right', but that's more down to Greer than Bruno.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

so why not play him in midfield an put calderon at rb......some sort of revolving roll.....Bruno has got some exquisite skill there is no doubt.....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
so why not play him in midfield an put calderon at rb......some sort of revolving roll.....Bruno has got some exquisite skill there is no doubt.....

In a similar way that the original David was better at right-back for a spell last year. He had the freedom to play and was merely under pressure from a winger whose job is not a defensive one. I saw Bruno in midfield away at Ipswich and it didn't seem his position. With a decent relationship with a good attacking midfielder or winger who can switch positions with him when he's on a burn, then he's dynamite. That chap has the best touch and vision of any of our players - i remember a curled high throughball at home to Sheff Wed i think last year for an onrunning Buckley that just blew my mind - and we have to have him in the best place we can put him, which is as an untraditional rightback.
No fullbacks are as they used to be these days anyway. They're all to be contaminated by flair and a wish for attacking glory alongside their workrate.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
As much as I'd love this to not be the case given the fact that Calderon is an all round good egg, Bruno is the best player in his position at the club. On his day superb but inconsistent. He promised so much in those first few games as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here