Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Popular_Science_FEB_1977.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The first time I went to Ibiza I had a Sony Walkman and I was the coolest thing on Las Salinas :cool:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
My wife and I brought one of these each at Gatwick duty free in 1988 on route to Zakynthos.
Still got them and they both work.
Wish I could remember how much they were at the time.

Happy days View attachment 50829

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well,I suppose my Grandads 1947 television was a bit of an eye opener at the time...big circular magnifying glass in front of it.....just how they got those tiny people into that box? I always was amazed...mind you at 8 years old..everything was amazing...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We had one Archimedes at school. You had to book it two weeks in advance for a 30 minute slot.

I always wanted one of those bright yellow Walkmans. Can't remember what make it was.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I won one of these in a competition once. Don't think I ever actually bought any games for it, only played the Alex Kidd (?) one it came with. Then flogged it to the neighbours' kids.

Ms2box1.png

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I bought a Betamax VCR in 1983 for £299 , the system was superior to VHS. VHS won the battle of the formats as all the people who couldn't afford to buy a VCR rented a machine from shops like Radio Rentals.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Kevlar, Mylar and Carbon fiber, materials used in sails, rope and boat building. ( Before they were all used in racing car builds.) Throw in the Decca system followed by GPS systems as the 80's progressed, so that at sea you new exactly where you were on the earths surface.

Jan 30, 2008
Kevlar, Mylar and Carbon fiber, materials used in sails, rope and boat building. ( Before they were all used in racing car builds.) Throw in the Decca system followed by GPS systems as the 80's progressed, so that at sea you new exactly where you were on the earths surface.
FISHING POLES... ...kevlar wrap/ carbon fibre,felt light at the time compared to fibre glass :fishing:
regards
DR

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not just a TV, not just a radio but a TV-Radio-Cassette Player 3 in 1..........the best thing I've ever owned (probably).

vintage_jvc_no_cx-500_boom_box_radio_tv_and_cassette_player_3983744.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here