• David Burke

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • A N Other

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Who actually has the biggest say over on field matters, i.e. identifying transfer targets, tactics, picking the team etc...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where is the option for Paul Barber ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
David Burke identifies transfer targets along with Nathan Jones who then discusses with Oscar pre-match tactics and they pick the team.

The answer is we don't have a manager. We have a head coach. Like the new owners at Leeds have said, they don't want a manager they just want a coach.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What is wrong with people? We have a head coach who picks the team and decides tactics for each game. OG will advise that type of players we need for the system he wants to play and Burke then gets the scouting network to look for them. When they are identified then I very much suspect OG gets to have final say. Burke and possible Barber then have to negotiate with the selling club and the player. I don't honestly see how it can work any other way. Do people really expect a manager to go and scout other players on top of running training on a day to day basis. Compare it to working for a company. You tell HR that you need a certain type of person for a role in your department. They go to the agencies, advertise and review the CVs. You then get to see the CVs of those that match your job spec and you select some for interview (in OGs case that probably means watching a few videos and maybe getting to a game).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ridiculous.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As does every CEO in every business.

Yes but, its up to those who work into him to challenge if they can't deliver within thier allocated budget.

I've no doubt Poyet voiced his concerns whenever he was given a figure, I question (without kowing) if Oscar does the same thing. After all, he will be the one who carries the can if the team underperforms.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you don't know, then check the matchday program.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Poyet was our last manager. We do not currently have a manager.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here