Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How happy are you, overall, following the Albion?

How happy are you, overall, with the Albion?

• Total voters

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm of the opinion that those deeply upset / miserable about the Albion at present are a very small but vocal minority. Others have suggested that this is not the case, and that more people would moan if they weren't too scare to do so (see below). Just a quick poll to see if this is the case.

Well done, do you feel better for it? It's pretty much the forum equivalent of the petty playground retort of "I know you are, but what am I" . If you took your blue and white specs off you may notice that more than a small minority are disappointed by what happened in the window, also a fair few wouldn't want to post such outrageous content on here for fear of getting flamed by the do-gooders, like yourself :thumbsup: cheers

I realise the poll doesn't cover all possibilities, hence the "other" option.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Overall very happy. Slight disappointment with recent results but have enough perspective to see that's all it is. 5+ points from next 3 home games and suddenly we're back in the playoff hunt.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
We're in the top 10 of the second tier, playing in a fantastic stadium to sell out crowds.... could be a lot lot worse!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Honestly? A bit pissed off actually.

I have seen enough Albion games to accept losing. But I cannot forgive when you cant say "we gave it a right go" one shot on target in 90 SPEAKS VOLUMES. The STARTING line up spoke DEFEND.

Fed up.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
End of the day I'm a Brighton fan. Too many fans 'expect' too much I feel. No club has a right to win, and most clubs and fans would argue they should be doing better than they are. You always want more. I'm only 21, so growing up and going was the Withdean days and that era, and this is the best it's been. People say we should spend more, but whether it's really FFP, or whether Bloom is more thinking 'I've invested heavily off the pitch, I don't want to be also making huge losses each season' then fair enough too. We've had injuries, and sure we could be more attacking, but whose to say if we did that we'd be losing 3-2 every week instead of 0-0's for example. Or whether Oscar is building to be solid this year from the back, then next year with more attacking options can build on the defense? We don't know, we just speculate.

Get behind the boys and enjoy! Better that than being a Sheffield Wednesday fan :laugh::laugh: for example!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very happy. All to play for still, maybe this will be our year.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Anyone seriously upset with the state of the club should walk away now - because they are being ridiculous. Great stadium and chairman - who also happens to be a real fan of the club - three competitive seasons in the Championship, no horrible debts and the best (hopefully) still to come. I'm also a fan of OG despite so much doom and gloom. The guy seems to have some self-respect and is focused purely on the team and its progression. I don't think we're quite strong enough for promotion this year (fairly obvious looking at the table) but I'm hopeful for next year. We've had a hideous run of injuries; how many clubs could absorb long term injuries to Ulloa, CMS, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley and still be talking of the play-offs this year? To the NSC depressives out there - get real, or get out....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As with similar polls earlier this season, this has been one of those seasons I have every so often when my albion mojo is low. The lack of signings to compensate the outgoings is a bit of a downer, especially when coupled with one point from our last 9 and one goal in 4. But I'll always love the club.

But I'm finding many of our fans more annoying this season. Some for their disproportionate/inappropriate negativity, some for their pompous/holier-than-thou positivity.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think football fans are incredibly fickle and incredibly impatient. Oscar has been in the role for 1/2 a season, has experienced an astonishing amount of bad luck with injuries, and has us just 2 pts worse off than we were last season - at the start of this season, I'd have snatched your hand off for that thank you very much, especially if you'd told me Bridcutt was barely going to play (and be sold), Ulloa would miss half the games, and Orlandi would be out for much of it.

I'm confident that Oscar is very much getting the feel for his squad still, and has started, like all good managers should, by making us very hard to beat. Only QPR have conceded less goals than us, and that is something to be proud of.

He hasn't always got his tactics right, but sometimes he has, and it's those moments I'd rather focus on than the negative. He's still gelling a team that's had to continually change beyond his control, Crofts being the most recent example.

As well as getting it wrong, he's also got it right. Blackburn, Leicester and Birmingham at home all being examples of fluid attacking football where we've played our opponents off the park. However equally frustrating are the results against Barnsley, H'Field and B'Mouth.

All told though, I'm happy enough with how the season is going. We've had a lot of turmoil to deal with, and now have some new faces to settle in, but with 3 home league games coming up and an FA Cup 5th round tie, is it really not a time to still be very happy with our lot!!?? :albion2:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I am very happy with the club at the moment. I love the ground and the new training facilities. I think we have a board and a chairman we can trust and who do the best for the club. I also think that our league position is about right bearing in mind the quality of the squad and the size of our budget. I am also very happy that we comply with FFP and do not spend more than we can afford.

The only thing I am unhappy about is our style of play. I find it very negative and not very exciting to watch. I have been to every home game this season and every game feels like watching the last one. We keep the ball well, have a few shots from long range and we either draw 0-0 or it finishes 1-0 to someone (I know there are a few exception).

I wish we were more adventurous in home games. Do we really need two holding midfield players and can we sometimes have two strikers on the pitch, especially when we are loosing. I wish we would sometimes counter attack when the opertunity arises, instead of passing the ball around our own half and then allowing the other team to get back into position. We then have to pass our way through a mass defence and we just dont have the skillful midfielders to create the chances for our loan striker.

I have been watching the Albion every week since 1989 and I have never had it so good as a supporter. I just wish I was entertained a bit more on match days.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Anyone seriously upset with the state of the club should walk away now - because they are being ridiculous. Great stadium and chairman - who also happens to be a real fan of the club - three competitive seasons in the Championship, no horrible debts and the best (hopefully) still to come. I'm also a fan of OG despite so much doom and gloom. The guy seems to have some self-respect and is focused purely on the team and its progression. I don't think we're quite strong enough for promotion this year (fairly obvious looking at the table) but I'm hopeful for next year. We've had a hideous run of injuries; how many clubs could absorb long term injuries to Ulloa, CMS, Orlandi, Lua Lua and Buckley and still be talking of the play-offs this year? To the NSC depressives out there - get real, or get out....

At least Forest, Leicester, QPR and possibly Reading could all easily absorb the run of injuries that we have had. Love the stadium etc, but at the moment the football is just boring. What is it, 30 goals in 28 games, it's as exciting as watching paint dry! Can you honestly say you enjoy the way we play? It's just dull.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
All great apart from the football, not too bothered about the transfer window, but why can't we have a go at teams especially at home, we are boring to watch at the moment.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Mike Bailey got the boot because fans HATED boring football and that is the one thing that will empty the AMEX, turgid, defensive, no entertainment, crap football which is what we are getting now

He's right, you know. I'm sure TB is the sort of man who would prefer to back OG to the hilt, but if fans stop going because they hate the football he might feel he has no choice. For a coach who promised a very attack-minded set-up and mentality, we don't score that many goals, do we?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I am very happy with the club at the moment. I love the ground and the new training facilities. I think we have a board and a chairman we can trust and who do the best for the club. I also think that our league position is about right bearing in mind the quality of the squad and the size of our budget. I am also very happy that we comply with FFP and do not spend more than we can afford.

The only thing I am unhappy about is our style of play. I find it very negative and not very exciting to watch. I have been to every home game this season and every game feels like watching the last one. We keep the ball well, have a few shots from long range and we either draw 0-0 or it finishes 1-0 to someone (I know there are a few exception).

I wish we were more adventurous in home games. Do we really need two holding midfield players and can we sometimes have two strikers on the pitch, especially when we are loosing. I wish we would sometimes counter attack when the opertunity arises, instead of passing the ball around our own half and then allowing the other team to get back into position. We then have to pass our way through a mass defence and we just dont have the skillful midfielders to create the chances for our loan striker.

I have been watching the Albion every week since 1989 and I have never had it so good as a supporter. I just wish I was entertained a bit more on match days.

Our Home results:
L1-2
W2-0
D1-1
W3-1
D1-1
L1-3
D1-1
W3-0
L1-2
W3-1
D0-0
D1-1

W1-0

Just the single 0-0 draw and just a single 1-0 win. Perhaps it's the 1-1 draws of which there are 4 that stick in the mind?

It's amazing how spoilt we've all become. It's not been spectacular or brilliant, but it's not been that bad either.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Our Home results:
L1-2
W2-0
D1-1
W3-1
D1-1
L1-3
D1-1
W3-0
L1-2
W3-1
D0-0
D1-1

W1-0

Just the single 0-0 draw and just a single 1-0 win. Perhaps it's the 1-1 draws of which there are 4 that stick in the mind?

It's amazing how spoilt we've all become. It's not been spectacular or brilliant, but it's not been that bad either.
Not only that but we've had some home games where we've had getting on for 30 shots on goal... and that was when we had one fit striker! How anyone can say that is defensive is beyond me.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I would love, LOVE, to see us play with two up front. But as someone who used to frequent the Goldstone whenever pocket money would allow, marched on the seafront, made the trip to Gillingham and endured the Withdean years I'm very happy with what's going on now. FFS, I remember Dean Cox going to the corner flag to time waste after about 50 minutes because we were 1-0 up. They were dark days.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Getting a bit frustrated as I see us going backwards at present.

I don't like OG's current tactics (yesterday being a prime example starting without any width); there's not enough passion on the pitch; our lack of goals is very worrying; OG's persistence with Spanish Dave is completely illogical.

My mood will change again, hopefully quickly, when I see a more attacking style of football, more goals, and some real desire to win from the players on the pitch.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Bit depressed the way we are playing at home at the moment , away not too bad but I trust the board/management , I hope we put our best team out for the cup now and attack ! After 46 years of supporting the club you definitely have your ups and downs all the time . So you just make a day of it , the result is important of course but have a few beers before and after the game makes it a bit more palatable .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here