Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DailyMail: Cause of Death - Cannabis

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is believed mother-of-three suffered a heart attack triggered by the drug
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2sH39Mf2r
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What about the falure to test for abnormal heart disease. That's only for rich people as it is too expensive to treat?

I did not know cannabis lowered blood pressure. All the other drugs are a bit iffy?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely that's very good evidence that it is relatively safe compared to, say, penicillin, paracetamol, aspirin, or peanuts.

‘This case serves as a warning that cannabis can cause immense harm.’

Hmmm, not really. Far more people have died from hyponatremia. Does that mean water is even more dangerous?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This kind of propaganda from a pro authoritarian, zero tolerance, narrow minded hate magazine like the Daily Mail isn't surprising

Can't you read? That was the coroners verdict.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wow! Spot the junkies.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Try reading the article;

"Her death was caused by cannabis toxicity, and a coroner recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse."

Something that I don't think has ever been recorded before. It's apparently impossible to have a cannabis overdose it is only possible for the cannabis to activate an already present condition Shirley?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Something that I don't think has ever been recorded before. It's apparently impossible to have a cannabis overdose it is only possible for the cannabis to activate an already present condition Shirley?

I've no idea, but the Coroner returned the verdict, and he would've only done this based on the expert medical opinion given to him.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
My late wife was the manager of a home for the mentally ill and a large proportion of her residents were psychotic due to the use of cannabis.
She would often say to me that these people that want to legalise it use should come and see the damage it causes.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My late wife was the manager of a home for the mentally ill and a large proportion of her residents were psychotic due to the use of cannabis.
She would often say to me that these people that want to legalise it use should come and see the damage it causes.

Yep, and my g/f is a research psychologist who, inter alia, interviews patients with psychosis (and controls). One of the strongest indicators for psychosis is heavy &/or prolonged use of cannabis. It's roughly the same odds ratio as suffering childhood sexual abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here