Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for restaurant in Brighton or mid Sussex.

larus

It's getting to that time of the year and I want to take the my partner to a nice, classy restaurant this weekend, as I'm away skiing on valentines day. Prefer mid Sussex area, although Brighton is ok.

So, any recommendations for decent places, with good food and ambience please.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Jeremy's at Borde Hill, Haywards Heath would fit the bill. But not sure you would get a reservation for this coming weekend.

Jan 30, 2008
It's getting to that time of the year and I want to take the my partner to a nice, classy restaurant this weekend, as I'm away skiing on valentines day. Prefer mid Sussex area, although Brighton is ok.

So, any recommendations for decent places, with good food and ambience please.
so you're only taking her out BECAUSE VALENTINES DAY IS APPROACHING AND YOU'RE SKIING.............GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER :rolleyes:
regards
DR

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jeremy's at Borde Hill, Haywards Heath would fit the bill. But not sure you would get a reservation for this coming weekend.

Have heard mixed reports of Jeremy's some very good some not so good as being over priced for the standard of food served. Like.everything I suupose it is all down to personal choice and expectation.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've never been but Ockenden manor in Cuckfield has a michellin star.

From my experience you can't go wrong with The Ginger Fox, The Bolney Stage or Chequers, although they're all gasto pubs so not sure if they fit the bill.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The Lamb at Piltdown : definitely worth a go

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Depends on your budget really which I guess will depend on how pissed off your partner is that you're off skiing

The Camellia at South Lodge (Masterchef winner) is well worth a visit or if Japanese is your fancy try Wabi in Horsham (ex Nobu chef)

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Any of the Ginger group are a good bet and if you dont want to leave town try the Cote, facing the Dome entrance in Church St,good food not over expensive and a terrific atmosphere the place is always buzzing,but its best to book in good time.

larus

I've never been but Ockenden manor in Cuckfield has a michellin star.

From my experience you can't go wrong with The Ginger Fox, The Bolney Stage or Chequers, although they're all gasto pubs so not sure if they fit the bill.

Booked the Bolney Stage and was impressed with both the service and the food. Cosy environment too. She had venison and I had the beef which melted in my mouth. Will definitely go back there. Thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here