Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calders reaction to the second goal being conceded

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Did anyone else notice his reaction when we conceded the second goal? Never seen a substitute behave in this way ever.

Leapt to the touchline, shouting aggresively and waving his arms. Then went to back to the dug out and smashed his fist into the roof.

Jones and Oscar both just stood there, arms folded, not doing anything.

Which reaction showed who gives a toss the most.

Get Calders on the pitch or on the coaching staff. We need his passion badly.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Would prefer him to be involved playing at centre half with Upson.

Thought he has done this well on the couple of occasions he has been called upon due to injury etc.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oscar's apparent lack of passion on the touchline worries me. I know he is a phlegmatic character, but even so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Future Brighton Manager.

I think that is a distinct possibility although I think he will need to move Jones towel off the back of Oscar's sunbed first.

i would play him instead of bruno

So would I. Technically not as good, but makes up for it with attacking intent and flair. Would also give Lopez a rocket up his arse everytime he passed the ball backwards when in promising space!

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I think that is a distinct possibility although I think he will need to move Jones towel off the back of Oscar's sunbed first.

So would I. Technically not as good, but makes up for it with attacking intent and flair. Would also give Lopez a rocket up his arse everytime he passed the ball backwards when in promising space!
i would drop lopez

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Having just seen a replay of the goals on BBC South East news (why do they only report on our games when we lose?!!) and noticed the way Bruno limply hung out a leg to block the shot for the first goal ('cos he went missing in the build up so lost his man!) I'm more convinced than ever that we need Calderon's passion and commitment.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They are one and the same really. Calde and Bruno seem to share the same strenghts and weaknesses at right back.

Calde doesn't bottle headers or tackles, and never looks half-arsed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oscar's apparent lack of passion on the touchline worries me. I know he is a phlegmatic character, but even so.

I think you just mean he is a miserable looking whatsit

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Calde doesn't bottle headers or tackles, and never looks half-arsed.

I can't argue with that, but I never had Bruno down as lazy or a bottler to be fair? Does played with a more laid back style though I suppose.

I missed yesterdays game so can't comment on Bruno's performance yesterday, my opinion is that they both get undone by similar issues when coming up agaisnt pace.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think you just mean he is a miserable looking whatsit

I miss Gus, Charlie and Tanno's passion and enthusiasm for the club. Both Oscar and Nathan come across as rather dour. How many times do either of them even crack a smile?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here