• NO - The invertebrates at the FA will capitulate

Votes: 63 90.0%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Simple Question :

Do you trust the FA to sanction clubs that don't abide by the Financial Fair Play rules or do you think they will roll over and capitulate ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Absolutely no chance. They will totally roll over and capitulate.

Like a shrimp next to a hippo.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Simple Question :

Do you trust the FA to sanction clubs that don't abide by the Financial Fair Play rules or do you think they will roll over and capitulate ?

FA won't do anything as its the football league.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No - it'll be an absolute farce in the end.

However, our club's finances will be in a far healthier state due to the cost cutting which has happened to try and meet it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
No, 'cos it's the Football League that's doing it. :thumbsup:

I think they are going to have to show a lot more strength of character than they have done in the past, but am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. That may well change this time next year, of course!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm confident that they'll implement the transfer embargo on teams that remain in the Football League; it'll be a bit trickier for them to force fines on any team that overspends and reaches the Premier League though.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I'm absolutely certain these rules will be enforced with transfer embargoes.

Else Tony will be taking them to court.

TB

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The obvious answer is no, but nevertheless I admire our club's decision to embrace it, because the ridiculous wage situation is unsustainable and totally unhealthy. Really and truthly, a second level football club with a lovely stadium ought to be able to pay it's way even if that means we get outbid on money-grabbing ordinaries like Lewis Grabban.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Absolutely no chance. They will totally roll over and capitulate.

Like a shrimp next to a hippo.

I think you will find that the Shrimp will destroy the Hippo

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I think there will be a token slap on the wrist for non-compliant clubs, but probably not nearly enough to deter anyone from overspending in the future.

Football is doomed.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree with TB above. If it can be proven that clubs have flouted the rules and gained an unfair advantage while the authorities have done nothing about it there will be a legal challenge from the law-abiding clubs.

I think it will be a total mess for a 1-2 years as penalties are imposed and contested but, ultimately, FFP will triumph.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with TB above. If it can be proven that clubs have flouted the rules and gained an unfair advantage while the authorities have done nothing about it there will be a legal challenge from the law-abiding clubs.

I think it will be a total mess for a 1-2 years as penalties are imposed and contested but, ultimately, FFP will triumph.

I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land. How can FFP be legally enforcable? It smacks of a trade restriction too far. Who are the football league to say an owner of a company can't spend x amount of pounds making his company more successful. Just can't see how they can enforce it.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i have about as much faith in the FA, as i do in Bellotti and Archer being given a hero's welcome at the Amex.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
It's worth remembering that the clubs have all signed up for this.

The embargoes will be enforced for not following existing rules.

Any club going to court to challengne FFP rules will have to explain why they signed up for them.

Is there anyone who thinks our chairman is a mug? I for one do not.

I think our club would benefit in the short term if there was no FFP, so he must think there will be consequences to those that don't play fair.

I'm happy to go along with him.

TB

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land. How can FFP be legally enforcable? It smacks of a trade restriction too far. Who are the football league to say an owner of a company can't spend x amount of pounds making his company more successful. Just can't see how they can enforce it.

I would like to think the FA spoke to one or two lawyers before they thought about bringing this in, so presumably they were told it was probably enforceable. However, I would expect football clubs to have better lawyers than the FA, so who knows. Will be interesting though.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
I would like to think the FA spoke to one or two lawyers before they thought about bringing this in, so presumably they were told it was probably enforceable. However, I would expect football clubs to have better lawyers than the FA, so who knows. Will be interesting though.

Lawyers will be the winners.
FL will be sued if they do by those ignoring it and then benefit from it (a club near the River Trent maybe?) and taken to court by those if they don't follow it through who have complied and not benefitted. A FL lawyer payday and a win win for them. Hope the FL have a robust insurance policy as the premium could rocket next year !!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I do wonder how much "we" as a club are hiding behind the FFP with our accounts. Posting a loss as we have done does not necessarily reflect the true picture in regard to the figures submitted. As per the League website:

The Fair Play Result is based on the club's profit or loss before tax with the exception of:

• Investment in Youth Development (as defined in the Elite Player Performance Plan)
• The profit affecting element of the purchase, sale and depreciation of fixed assets excluding players (e.g. a club's stadium)
• Investment in a club's Community Scheme
• Promotion related bonus payments.

Much of our expense has been the move to our new ground.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I know the clubs have signed up for this but if Owner A who signed up has left, Owner B takes over and says ‘Take me to court I’m splashing the cash’ I can’t see where the FL have got to go. Lets face it, they can’t even make their own app work, what chance have they got dreaming up a scheme which is legally enforceable?

I do admire the clubs stance on this but I have to say It’s a bit dull. I spend all week in the world of balance sheets, targets and P &L’s. Football is supposed to be escapism. I’m bored of reading e-mails from the club about the latest pie which somehow manage to shoehorn 3 references to FFP.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How can it be enforcable? By exactly the same means as the FL are able to deduct points, apply fines, enforce transfer embargos etc etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here