Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15th best team at home

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On home form alone we currently lie 15th. That says it all for me. We need to attack attack attack in the next three matches. Wingers, strikers galore. Forget pussying around we need to be going all out from the 1st minute.

6th on away form by the way.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Goes to show we set up not to loose, just like under Poyet for the first half of last season. This was about the time last year when we started taking more risks, which is what we should do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Time to take the shackles off. Sorry but it is. Dont mind losing as long as we give it a right go. And the starting lineup against Watford was anything but.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Strange stats

After our last home game we were 6th and everyone was happy, don't recall too many being despondent at our home form then. We've got one point from nine in the 3 away games, and now our club has apparently disintegrated.

But it's our home form that's the issue?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On home form alone we currently lie 15th. That says it all for me. We need to attack attack attack in the next three matches. Wingers, strikers galore. Forget pussying around we need to be going all out from the 1st minute.

6th on away form by the way.

The binfest that the Watford game has provoked on NSC has mostly referred to Oscar's selection for away matches -- negative line-ups, no pace, no wingers, no support for Ulloa, etc. There's an argument to be made for this.
It is not an argument that could be made for his selection for home matches, where he starts with one winger and sometimes two. But note we're 6th when his selection is more negative, and 15th when less so.
I am not arguing that he should make negative selections, merely pointing this out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Strange stats

After our last home game we were 6th and everyone was happy, don't recall too many being despondent at our home form then. We've got one point from nine in the 3 away games, and now our club has apparently disintegrated.

But it's our home form that's the issue?

Some people are on a Monday-Thread-Starting-NSC-Panic.

Suddenly we're rubbish again. 2 pts off where Gus had us at exactly the same point last season. We have most of our play off rivals to play at home still. We have 10 home games and 8 away games left. There is all to play for. Now is not the time for getting stressed out and agitated. We've got every chance of getting into the play-off's still, and every chance of getting into the FA Cup 1/4 finals. It shouldn't really be all doom and gloom.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The binfest that the Watford game has provoked on NSC has mostly referred to Oscar's selection for away matches -- negative line-ups, no pace, no wingers, no support for Ulloa, etc. There's an argument to be made for this.
It is not an argument that could be made for his selection for home matches, where he starts with one winger and sometimes two. But note we're 6th when his selection is more negative, and 15th when less so.
I am not arguing that he should make negative selections, merely pointing this out.

I think though that yesterday is a reflection of the fact that we set the team up exactly the same for Burnley away as we did for Watford away.

Watford had one win in 15, were lying 16th. We should have gone there and really attacked with purpose. We didn't. Burnley away was justifiable.

At home we should be going all out. As others have said it was this time last season when we started to do just that. The difference is last season we didn't have Ulloa until now.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I'd rather draw 0-0 than lose 5-4. I'd rather win 5-0, don't get me wrong, but the defensive midfield and back four at Watford convinced me that if we did set up for an out-and-out attack, we'd get killed on the counter-attack.

It isn't time to commit season-suicide yet.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think though that yesterday is a reflection of the fact that we set the team up exactly the same for Burnley away as we did for Watford away.

Watford had one win in 15, were lying 16th. We should have gone there and really attacked with purpose. We didn't. Burnley away was justifiable.

At home we should be going all out. As others have said it was this time last season when we started to do just that. The difference is last season we didn't have Ulloa until now.

We didn't really start a consistent run of winning form until 09 Feb last season at home to Hull, we then drew and then won 3 on the bounce.

Last season from the 01 Dec until the start of Feb, we P10 W2 D5 L3 pts11.

This season it is: P10 W4 D3 L3 pts15.

Wheels are off aren't they....

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Fair enough. I don't disagree with any of these points. I do note that we actually had more attacking players available for the Watford game, with the addition of SD*2. Despite that, I think Oscar probably gave him the right amount of game time. I just think he should have started with KLL instead of JFC, with Orlandi and SD*1 alternating between the right and advanced midfield role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here