Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid Fixture List

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm not clutching at straws here but the last game at The Amex was on Saturday 11th Jan. This has not helped us one bit. At a time when the supporters need to get behind the players and support this club, we have had the most pathetic fixture list. For the people that cannot or do not go to away games, I'm looking forward to getting back to The Amex this Saturday so we can at least support this team properly instead of just seeing pictures and listening to the radio.

Really wish we could back to a normal pattern of Home, Away, Home, Away games.
I understand that is not always possible with Cup games, but seriously the fixtures and times this season have been annoying.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I quite agree and some on here haven't taken this into consideration. If you compare our last 4 games with other team's last 4 away games it doesn't look so bad.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Two of those against very good sides.
One tricky cup tie on a very heavy pitch.
All during the transfer window with players not knowing if they are staying or going to be sold.
Sale of Barnes.
Bridcutt sulking in the corner.
All that travel and hotels.
Crofts out injured.
New players straight in for their debuts.
All very valid reasons for sub standard performance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This run of home matches is now key to our season.

Reading at home looks a massive game.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All during the transfer window with players not knowing if they are staying or going to be sold.
Sale of Barnes.
Crofts out injured.

You're not listening to the majority on here. itz coz wez crap. Innit?:smile:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
4 Away then 4 home games is really extreme. There have been some very strange fixture patterns this season.

Indeed, with 1 home game in Sept then just 1 in Nov & now 4 away in Jan it is the most disjointed ever and the home stats don't indicate this is a good thing at all

D

Deleted member 22389

When the fixtures are released what is the reason for not making more of the matches home and then away.
Why do we get the runs of matches that we do. I know sometimes the fixture is changed for TV, but even so not every single game we have played has been on TV.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
During the 11 weeks spanning 11th January to 22nd March our league fixtures were scheduled to be alternate home and away each weekend. I've never known fixtures to be so 'fair'.

The reason I'm acutely aware of this is that my daughter, who has a season ticket with me, is with me alternate weekends and sod's law has dictated that throughout this run she is with me on away weekends, meaning her first game with me in 2014 will be on Saturday 29th March when the sequence is finally broken with 2 consecutive Saturday home games.

Our run only feels imbalanced because the Cup meant we missed our Leeds home game and our Blackburn away game. Midweek fixtures are often likely to mean you have 2 consecutive home or away games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, if it were not for the Cup, our league fixtures would have been...

H, H, A, H, A, A, H, A, H, A, H, H, A, H, A, H

...from January through until March. Hardly crazy or extreme, is it?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
When the fixtures are released what is the reason for not making more of the matches home and then away.
Why do we get the runs of matches that we do. I know sometimes the fixture is changed for TV, but even so not every single game we have played has been on TV.

Because you would end up playing at home two Saturdays in a row or away two Saturdays with the Tuesdays being the way around.

I'm not clutching at straws here but the last game at The Amex was on Saturday 11th Jan. This has not helped us one bit. At a time when the supporters need to get behind the players and support this club, we have had the most pathetic fixture list. For the people that cannot or do not go to away games, I'm looking forward to getting back to The Amex this Saturday so we can at least support this team properly instead of just seeing pictures and listening to the radio.

Really wish we could back to a normal pattern of Home, Away, Home, Away games.
I understand that is not always possible with Cup games, but seriously the fixtures and times this season have been annoying.

FALMER ROAR ALWAYS WORTH A COUPLE OF GOALS!:ffsparr:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sale of Barnes.
Crofts out injured.

:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here