Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Worlds Hardest Creature VII, 2014, Semi final B***

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
A former champ against the surprise package of the tournament. You've got 48 hours. THINK before voting, a spot in the final is up for grabs.

The combatants:

In the blue corner, weighing in at up to 3 tonnes, 1.5metres tall and up to 5metres long, he's the 2010 champion:

Hippo

hippo-rps-600.jpg
image01.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

Route to the semis:

Group E: Third place
2nd round: Hippo 39 vs Orca 38
Quarter final: Hippo 38 vs Cassowary 25

The hippo has had to work hard to get to the semis, including squeaking through an epic 32nd round contest against 2011 champ Orca. The Hippo is the only Herbivore to ever win the title of Worlds Hardest Creature when back in 2010 he saw off the challenge of the honey badger. The hippo is notorious as a volatile, bad tempered and extremely aggressive animal. It has no natural predators , in fact those beasts that share territory with it avoid it as much as possible. Despite being a herbivore the Hippo will attack anything if the mood takes it, which it often does. Massively strong and powerful the Hippo revels in unprovoked attacks on other animals. Possibly the most purely aggressive animal in the competition.

Vs

In the red corner, weighing in at not a lot, growing up to 12 inches:

Mantis Shrimp

Mantis-Shrimp6.jpg
spearer-in-action.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp

Route to the semis:
Group A: Winner
2nd round: Mantis shrimp 55 v Bull shark 27
Quarter final: Mantis Shrimp 59 v Man 15

The Mantis Shrimp has been the revelation of the 2014 tournament. Coming from nowhere to blitz this years competition, topping Group A and then decimating the bull shark and man in the knockouts, gaining the most votes in both knock out rounds. This brightly coloured little crustacean has a tough, armour -like shell to protect it from attack and when it attacks...wow. It's claws attacks at a speed equal to a .22 calibre bullet. At that speed if its claws hit their target that target is going to be eviscerated. If the claws for some reason miss, don't worry, because the speed of the attack is so fast it actually creates a shockwave which will pummel its prey into submission(death). The strike also creates tremendous heat and light. They have also been known to shatter the glass in the aquarium that they've been kept in.

Go SHRIMP.

Anyone thinking of voting Hippo needs to remember it's so unhard it can't leave the water during the day in case it gets sunburn.:tosser:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love the SHRIMP. He's got PANACHE.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Go SHRIMP.

Anyone thinking of voting Hippo needs to remember it's so unhard it can't leave the water during the day in case it gets sunburn.:tosser:

This makes it the closest thing there is to a Ginger in the competition, Shrimp wins.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm going to enjoy seeing the shrimp BATTER the honey badger in the final

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm going to enjoy seeing the shrimp BATTER the honey badger in the final

Both are ACTUALLY hard, so those who understand this competition (finally) win.

Still waiting for some utter DIMWIT to say "But a Polar Bear would crush a shrimp/honey badger?!"

Last edited:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Both are ACTUALLY hard, so those who understand this competition (finally) win.

Still waiting for some utter DIMWIT to say "But a Polar Bear would crush a shrimp/honey badger?!"

Pound for pound, though, the shrimp absolutely DESTROYS the honey badger. Imagine a Mantis Shrimp that was the same size as the honey badger. The honey badger would be in pieces. And yet, in the final there will still be a number of DIMWITS who vote badger.

Still devastated from the DIABOLICAL defeat of the Grasshopper mouse to the Honey badger, I'm TEAM SHRIMP all the way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pound for pound, though, the shrimp absolutely DESTROYS the honey badger.
Treating this as a pound for pound competition is as bad as treating it as a straight fight. The elephant would win a fight against any other land creature, because it's so big - size is it's strength. If you put it in pound for pound battle it would have nothing. Obviously the lighter creatures will win a pound for pound contest.

The shrimp is an interesting choice. I've not seen much about it though.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Treating this as a pound for pound competition is as bad as treating it as a straight fight. The elephant would win a fight against any other land creature, because it's so big - size is it's strength. If you put it in pound for pound battle it would have nothing. Obviously the lighter creatures will win a pound for pound contest.

The shrimp is an interesting choice. I've not seen much about it though.

The pound-for-pound argument, though, is the one that is always churned out by the Badgerites. Until it matches up against a smaller, harder creature, where they just quietly vote badger and hope that noone brings it up.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So be fair, how long would the shrimp survive out of water

Probably about the same length of time as a honey badger underwater.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hardness is also about going for things bigger than you, and that's a big reason the HB does so well.

As said before though, I'm happy for either to win. It's a victory for HARDNESS. Delighted none of those utterly shit sharks or bears got near the final this time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This competition is reaching a new low. A shrimp v hippo and the shrimp is winning. Ridiculous. Put both in a small room together, only one winner, and it would be quick. Hippo would tread on it, all over, Hippo has to win this.

This competition is reaching a new low. A shrimp v hippo and the shrimp is winning. Ridiculous. Put both in a small room together, only one winner, and it would be quick. Hippo would tread on it, all over, Hippo has to win this.

:D.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The pound-for-pound argument, though, is the one that is always churned out by the Badgerites.
When a newcomer to the competition points out that the bigger creature would win in a straight fight, it's worth pointing out that there's more to it than that. But we shouldn't take the pound for pound argument too literally, or a flea will win. For me, the competition is about bloody minded violence and bravery. The hippo deserves it's place, particularly being a herbivore that doesn't even need to kill. The honey badger too, as it's completely mental. And this shrimp is a great entrant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here