Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua down the middle?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can not see 4-3-3 changing but feel for it to work the side needs more pace.
May just be me but lua lua just off Ulloa with March and David mark 2 on the wings.the 3 can all rotate.
Normal back 4 with Ince and either Orlandi or Stephens in the centre. Could ser Orlandi picking the ball up deep and controling games.
To open or hoid idea?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Can not see 4-3-3 changing but feel for it to work the side needs more pace.
May just be me but lua lua just off Ulloa with March and David mark 2 on the wings.the 3 can all rotate.
Normal back 4 with Ince and either Orlandi or Stephens in the centre. Could ser Orlandi picking the ball up deep and controling games.
To open or hoid idea?

Give Lualua a tape of Suarez and try and get him to play as a second striker like him. Orlandi to play the Gerrard role.

So we can have Will Buckley as the wide man on the right. That means three wingers on the pitch (but only Buckley playing the wing role, or rotation) so we need a bit of steel in midfield.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Should have got Vicente back, or similar type player, to play in the hole behind Ulloa. Lua Lua will be wasted there as unable to use his pace so much

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Vicente has retired. We didn't win many games when he played anyway.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Should have got Vicente back, or similar type player, to play in the hole behind Ulloa. Lua Lua will be wasted there as unable to use his pace so much

As others have mentioned before, he does not seem able to take the ball on the run and has to stop and then beat his man.

For all the people desperate for us to play 442, the obvious answer is right now we don't have the personnel. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Our most creative player is Orlandi, I would have thought. So I would try him in the hole behind Ulloa with 2 from KLL/Rod/March/Buckley either side. You can add CMS and Hoskins to that list once fit. Ince and Stephens in Midfield.
I agree with what Warren was saying about KLL though - he has to learn to charge at people full tilt, rather than trying to beat them from a standing start.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Orlandi seemed to start the season quite central and looked good... Surprised he's not the man in there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely not. You can't have a player in the middle of the pitch who DOESN'T LOOK UP. He'd be dispossessed constantly.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I agree with what Warren was saying about KLL though - he has to learn to charge at people full tilt, rather than trying to beat them from a standing start.

Tough to charge at people full tilt when the ball is constantly played to a point two yards behind you. KLL is better when he runs onto the ball, not when our midfield play it slightly behind him. There's a lesson for others in what WA was saying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tough to charge at people full tilt when the ball is constantly played to a point two yards behind you. KLL is better when he runs onto the ball, not when our midfield play it slightly behind him. There's a lesson for others in what WA was saying.

Have people not noticed - Kaz COMPLETELY changed his style after the ankle break. Since then I don't think ONCE has he just whacked the ball forwards and beaten his man in a sprint. He always intentionally slows right down now, to then break past them over 4/5 yards.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lualua played in the middle for the second half yesterday and didn't touch the ball! This after looking very dangerous on the wing in the first half.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Lualua to play in the Peter Ward position, ball to be passed into his stride, or to collect the ball and turn. Wishful thinking, I expect.

Lualua is more like Suarez in style, can twist and turn when he has got the ball, and could even dribble into the channels (the bit between the wing and the centre towards the near post). Can still drift wide.

Orlandi to play what wiki calls the central winger role. A variant on in the hole behind the main striker. That will only work if the winger cuts inside, which mean Lualua. Second striker, also of which Barnes was never suited to the role (arguable) ???

Turning on a sixpence: Macca is best at that, for all his other faults like missing open goals (like Barnes) and falling over and crying for a foul.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where is our Total Football?

Have people not noticed - Kaz COMPLETELY changed his style after the ankle break. Since then I don't think ONCE has he just whacked the ball forwards and beaten his man in a sprint. He always intentionally slows right down now, to then break past them over 4/5 yards.

It is not the clear sprint speed of Will Buckley that Lualua excels at but his acceleration which means that near the opponents goal the better in my book.

Needs a few more tricks up his sleeve like dummying to shoot and going past the defender instead. More training practice. I still do not know which striker is best at running to the near post with flick headers on or trapping the ball and turning quickly before the defender gets the boot in. This lack of a second striker for pulling the defenders around and giving an alternative to a cross to Ulloa is where all the faults lie and also explains the ineffectiveness of both Lopez and Buckley this year.

Totallty Inept Football - not.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Is it me or does Kaz keep hitting the crossbar?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Two wide men, one main striker and one in the hole.

mick.gif

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
always enjoy watching Kazenga
but if I listen to my head and not my heart he is a good example
of our lack of quality in the final third .
Not enough goals not enough assists.
with the loss of crofts 4 2 3 1 may well make the most of our players
but would prefer Andrea ,kemy or Dave 1 in the middle of the 3
It does not seem Oscar agrees I think he wants a high tempo pressing
midfield.
I may be clutching at straws but according to radio Dave 2 had real pace
Could he be our Barnes upgrade a mobile wide striker?
How about a front 3 of Andrea Leonardo Dave 2?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here