Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david Rodriguez sub

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Today was an off day ok every team has them but one thing I could not get my head round today was when we are two down, and we bring on a striker and play him out wide I do not get that tactic can someone please explain the logic? yes I know David can play out wide as well but come on we are two nil down we had to go two upfront

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Today was an off day ok every team has them but one thing I could not get my head round today was when we are two down, and we bring on a striker and play him out wide I do not get that tactic can someone please explain the logic? yes I know David can play out wide as well but come on we are two nil down we had to go two upfront
Two up front is not the Barcelona way I'm afraid. Much better to play 5 across the middle and not conceed goals, then to play two attackers and try and score them!

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I know but we were two nil down I'm not saying from the start away from home I don't want that but we needed to score goals

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Because Oscar's footballing philosophy is 4-3-3 and that wont change. Poyet was slaughter for a lack of a plan B..............
Poyet got a lot of leeway with fans because of what he achieved in getting us to the championship.

I fear that Oscar won't get the same patience from fans, if his negative style doesnt start producing results fast.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
TBH like everyone else I imagine, I'll judge Oscar when everyone is fully fit!

He has my sympathies tho, try getting our summer signings to play like Barca is a joke. I could be completely wrong and am happy to be proven so but just like Poyet did and A Cook should have done with the cricket team, Oscar needs to say that this his team and he's the one whose head is on the line if everything goes tits up and starts bringing in the players who can play the system he wants to play.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I'm not saying oscar is not the right man but any manager should be able to see when ur team is two nil down go for broke and play two upfront I'm not saying if he did we would of scored but at least give it a go!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt go but judging by the radio it seemed as if OG threw him on and played in a wide striker role much as Buckley did last season and we expect CMS or Hoskins to for next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm not saying oscar is not the right man but any manager should be able to see when ur team is two nil down go for broke and play two upfront I'm not saying if he did we would of scored but at least give it a go!

The commentary team said this.."..at 2-0 down, go for it, what the hell if we lose 5-0, forest showed that if you put on a set of attackers they can come good"

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The cameo from Rodriguez was very promising, he has some pace and could be a handful. Will be interesting to see him get a proper run out. It was a tad worrying that he ran the same channel as Obika did a couple of weeks ago at Derby so was often 25 yards too far from Ulloa. Clearly this is tactical but does not create much end result.

All 3 of our Subs looked like they would make an impact but like the rest of the disjointed performance they ultimately suffered from playing as individuals and not as a team in Watford's half. KLL just disappeared. It is a curious tactical system that isn't producing the goods in the final third of the pitch.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
He did look good not saying he didn't just felt he had to go upfront not wide right

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Barcelona philosophy works because they have some of the best players in the world.

Do they ever find themselves two-nil down to a Watford like side and have limited options on the bench?

I think we are going to see a radical change at the end of the season. How many players are out of contract? Is it a case of a manager with a philosophy, but round pegs/square holes?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The Barcelona philosophy works because they have some of the best players in the world.

Do they ever find themselves two-nil down to a Watford like side and have limited options on the bench?

I think we are going to see a radical change at the end of the season. How many players are out of contract? Is it a case of a manager with a philosophy, but round pegs/square holes?

This is spot on. Give him a full summer window to get who he wants in. The system won t change but he can get the personnel in he wants. Judge where we are this time next year. May not make the playoffs this time around but give the man the opportunity.
Can see a big overhaul this summer

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
This is spot on. Give him a full summer window to get who he wants in. The system won t change but he can get the personnel in he wants. Judge where we are this time next year. May not make the playoffs this time around but give the man the opportunity.
Can see a big overhaul this summer

But it still will not be who he wants, it will be a list compiled by Burke and the scouts from which he will have to say yay or nay and they will be a few pegs down from the current team to meet FFP

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
But it still will not be who he wants, it will be a list compiled by Burke and the scouts from which he will have to say yay or nay and they will be a few pegs down from the current team to meet FFP

This maybe half the problem. Players are normally brought in the fit a system. There has been very few signings that have improved the team from last year if any. Those that have made us better is only the youth products such as Ince. I think Stephens and David Sanchez may offer something but the rest have not improved us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here