Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Introducing Spanish Dave......Replacement For The Barnes Haters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Some people were dreadful in the crowd today cheering when he was substituted, clearly Spanish Dave will inherit to most hated player mantle

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Inevitable really - he's been poor for most of the season and he never commits to a 50-50

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I thought he did all-right today, some of the bile vented at him has been ridiculous

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I thought he did all-right today, some of the bile vented at him has been ridiculous

Did you go today??
I don't agree with shouting abuse at our players but David Lopez was piss poor today, very lightweight, bottled out of 50/50 challenges and as for his shooting, :censored:
No disrespect to you Mowgli but he didn't do all-right, sorry.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When he is able to stop playing right wing (ie Buckley back or March starting) and plays more in the middle I think he will get back to the last player he was last season.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
When he is able to stop playing right wing (ie Buckley back or March starting) and plays more in the middle I think he will get back to the last player he was last season.
Fully agree with this. He is far too slow to be a winger in Garcia's formation.
He does however have a good footballing brain and can see a good pass.
Why he consistently starts ahead of March out wide is beyind me.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Were you there? He was the worst I have seen play this season, which by his very low standards takes some doing. I would never wish him harm nor shout obscenities at him but he does need to be dropped.........simply not good enough.

Would be great to know what he did 'all-right' today in your opinion, maybe I missed something?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Did you go today??
I don't agree with shouting abuse at our players but David Lopez was piss poor today, very lightweight, bottled out of 50/50 challenges and as for his shooting, :censored:
No disrespect to you Mowgli but he didn't do all-right, sorry.

Were you there? He was the worst I have seen play this season, which by his very low standards takes some doing. I would never wish him harm nor shout obscenities at him but he does need to be dropped.........simply not good enough.

Would be great to know what he did 'all-right' today in your opinion, maybe I missed something?

I was there and he was poor, but certainly not the worst on the pitch. In hindsight I think the "all right" comment was due to me still fuming about how Andrews and Greer played! One positive from today though, March looked great and needs to be given a chance, he is ready for the first team.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I was there and he was poor, but certainly not the worst on the pitch. In hindsight I think the "all right" comment was due to me still fuming about how Andrews and Greer played! One positive from today though, March looked great and needs to be given a chance, he is ready for the first team.

Definately agree that March needs to be given a start in place of Dave. There were alot of shocking performances today!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I wasn't there today and couldn't therefore grade his performance, but it's always an ugly scene and uncomfortable surroundings for most when the hate-filled look to scream abuse at one loan figure in our own colours. As if anyone deserves that. Our disappointments oughtn't really be released with such selfish spite. Spanish Dave won't refind his form with his face covered in spit or confidence dented more. He mightn't have done much super-right for a while, but he doesn't deserve to be despised or laid to blame for our slightly average season. I hope his slightly odd face is filled from now on with the constant muttering of HUMBLE PIE as he proves various foul gobbers wrong.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Yes March is looking a good player and did look up for it today.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is something about that fixture that always brings the idiots out. Has been for a few years. Couple of very brave tools given abuse to one of the ball boys. Luckily he didn't hear.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wasn't there today and couldn't therefore grade his performance, but it's always an ugly scene and uncomfortable surroundings for most when the hate-filled look to scream abuse at one loan figure in our own colours. As if anyone deserves that. Our disappointments oughtn't really be released with such selfish spite. Spanish Dave won't refind his form with his face covered in spit or confidence dented more. He mightn't have done much super-right for a while, but he doesn't deserve to be despised or laid to blame for our slightly average season. I hope his slightly odd face is filled from now on with the constant muttering of HUMBLE PIE as he proves various foul gobbers wrong.

We should never have re-signed him. He is an average player at this level.

Feb 3, 2013
Play him in the middle and we will score goals, play him wide and he is a totally different player. We aren't scoring at the moment because we play an incredibly defensive midfield 3 in JFC, Andrews and Stephens. That's the problem, not Dave, you all are clueless and so is Garcia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here