Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

half time

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There were suggestions on Twitter than some places were overcrowded with not enough seats for fans, so I would imagine they were trying to combat that.

It was a free for all seat wise

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Happened at palace to me last year---near fisticuffs with the steward while the copper looked on------------bored:yawn:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There were suggestions on Twitter than some places were overcrowded with not enough seats for fans, so I would imagine they were trying to combat that.

But this wouldn't had made any difference as the stewards didn't show us to our exact seat, loads of seats didn't have numbers around us.
Loads of people were looking for their seats near us, we got into the ground early and didn't have a problem.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did wonder what was going on, it looked complete chaos from where I was , I'm glad my sons didn't go down to the concourse at half time as I had their tickets.

There was nothing to see anyway......maybe a few overflowing urinals.
I popped in the pub near the ground before ko, seeing as there was no food or drink in the ground. Even the decent real ale was out.....had to drink that John Smiths bilge.
I suppose the whole day must be put down to experience.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was a free for all seat wise

Which it shouldn't be theoretically.

I'm not condoning or condemning, but presumably complaints were made and the club has a duty to have everyone in a seat. Darren Balkham is on the case.

It all boils down to clubs not following procedure and making sure everyone sits where they should. One of the many downsides of all seater.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AliJenkins87/status/430009561907752960[/tweet]

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There was nothing to see anyway......maybe a few overflowing urinals.
I popped in the pub near the ground before ko, seeing as there was no food or drink in the ground. Even the decent real ale was out.....had to drink that John Smiths bilge.
I suppose the whole day must be put down to experience.

John Smiths is a no no, I'm glad I went to the cafe.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Stewards seemed to be on a mission to get 'Something Started' at half time. They were being openly confrontational on the ticket issue with some stupid bint trying to tell me where my seat was. I asked if it had been moved since I left it, and pointed out I might just remember where it was thank you.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not wishing to be confrontational, but the stewards are told to do their job and that is to guide the person to their seat (primarily).

I worked as a steward at Cheltenham Town for a while and generally people treated you as an absolute moron. I was on the away end at Whaddon Road, so there was no real issue with sit where your ticket is, but I imagine that it would not be fun telling people to sit where they bought their seat.

Maybe the police got involved as the member of staff felt threatened?

Obviously there are stewards who want some sort of aggression. I found that to be rife in my short career.

Whatever you think of crowding problems, it would be avioded if everyone sat in their own seats. If you have a group of people, buy in advance. Why is football different to other walks in life?

I went on a stag do to Cardiff last year and we made sure we had seats together. It's not impossible.

Or maybe football clubs need to move with the times and designate areas. If it is an identity thing, there is nothing stopping you from swapping.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not wishing to be confrontational, but the stewards are told to do their job and that is to guide the person to their seat (primarily).

I worked as a steward at Cheltenham Town for a while and generally people treated you as an absolute moron. I was on the away end at Whaddon Road, so there was no real issue with sit where your ticket is, but I imagine that it would not be fun telling people to sit where they bought their seat.

Maybe the police got involved as the member of staff felt threatened?

Obviously there are stewards who want some sort of aggression. I found that to be rife in my short career.

Whatever you think of crowding problems, it would be avioded if everyone sat in their own seats. If you have a group of people, buy in advance. Why is football different to other walks in life?

I went on a stag do to Cardiff last year and we made sure we had seats together. It's not impossible.

Or maybe football clubs need to move with the times and designate areas. If it is an identity thing, there is nothing stopping you from swapping.

Again, lots of seats were not numbered, this would help.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Again, lots of seats were not numbered, this would help.

How much of our budget did we waste at Withdean putting numbers on seats that succumbed to the weather? I went to most games at Withdean (that's not a superfan claim, they were my nextdoor neighbour). It's quite easy to find the right seat. More often than not, you could congregate with people you wanted to.

I'm not saying it is a a perfect system. Far from it. It's not hard to find out where you should be sat.

It's not about people against the system, surely? It's the way things are and if you want to sit together then make the effort to contact the box office and sort it out.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How much of our budget did we waste at Withdean putting numbers on seats that succumbed to the weather? I went to most games at Withdean (that's not a superfan claim, they were my nextdoor neighbour). It's quite easy to find the right seat. More often than not, you could congregate with people you wanted to.

I'm not saying it is a a perfect system. Far from it. It's not hard to find out where you should be sat.

It's not about people against the system, surely? It's the way things are and if you want to sit together then make the effort to contact the box office and sort it out.

I was just saying some people seemed to be struggling , yes Withdean had sticky numbers that were a waste of money.

Today as I said I got there early, I found my row ok but then found a seat with a number on and counted the seats along until we found ours. Easy 1 hour before KO but not at 2.45.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here