Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How About 3-5-2?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I understand why Oscar and Gus previously wanted to retain 3 central midfielders, but our goals scored and attacking threat is limited by playing just the one upfront.

Ulloa doesn't have the pace to get in behind defenses and my guess is teams work us out quickly and press higher up the pitch as we have no or little pace upfront.

Playing two out and out direct wingers could be a better option but again our first instinct is not to concede rather than attack teams, so we edge our bets by picking players more centrally suited out wide.

Would 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 work? Possibly. We are slowly but surely losing our momentum to mount a promotion bid so why not try a change.

My only recent recollection of this formation was last season at home to Millwall and we were shocking but thats not to say we should not try it again.

Ward, Bruno, Chicksen & Calderon could all play wing back and if you were feeling more adventurous Spanish Dave's run of good form last season begun with some solid performances at right back.

The team could be as follows

Kuszcak

Dunk Upson Greer

Lopez Ward

Andrews/Stephens Ince
Orlandi

Ulloa Lua Lua/CMS (when fit)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here