Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Webuyanycar scenario - your thoughts

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Sold a car to one of these companies last Saturday "money4yourmotors"
Here's the scenario.
Got an online offer of £4750
When they turned up, they looked for every minor detail wrong so they could reduce price.
In the end , they offered £4100 which I reluctantly accepted as I needed the car gone.
They said they'd collect it within 48hrs so I said they could leave it where it is, on my private driveway as long as it was gone within the agreed 48hrs.
The money was transferred straight away so gave them all keys and logbook was filled in and exchanged.
8 days on and they haven't collected the car.
Today I wrote them an email stating I would charge them £50 per day storage for their vehicle on my driveway and I want paying before I remove the padlocks from the gate and release their vehicle. This currently stands at £300

Do you think I'm right to do what I'm doing?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you've got it in writing that the car would be picked up within 48 hours they don't have a leg to stand on , the £50 a day storage fee sounds about right.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I'm not sure you can do that - you would probably have had to tell them the charges before this occurred and the charges need to be reasonable - they sound a bit much for keeping a car on a private drive that you sold them.

Seems a bit strange though I think you should get something for the hassle

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
From my understanding a private individual cannot charge storage as you incur no actual 'overheads' from actually storing the car. That said the commercial going rate is about £20/£25 per day in a compound with security. Give it a go by all means, but they will probably refuse. Good luck anyway

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Here's the scenario.
When they turned up, they looked for every minor detail wrong so they could reduce price.
In the end , they offered £4100 which I reluctantly accepted as I needed the car gone.
They said they'd collect it within 48hrs so I said they could leave it where it is, on my private driveway as long as it was gone within the agreed 48hrs.
The money was transferred straight away so gave them all keys and logbook was filled in and exchanged.
Today I wrote them an email stating I would charge them £50 per day storage for their vehicle on my driveway and I want paying before I remove the padlocks from the gate and release their vehicle. This currently stands at £300

No, it's being petty, you didn't need the space by the sounds & a 1 line email 4 days ago prob would have sorted it by now

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Here's the scenario.

yes, stitch up the pikey bersterds

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
If DVLA have confirmed the car is no longer in your name, tell them you calling the police to report the car is illegally parked on your private property!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
If DVLA have confirmed the car is no longer in your name, tell them you calling the police to report the car is illegally parked on your private property!

This. Probably your best course if action.
Light the blue touch paper.......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why don't you just pick up the phone and ask them what the problem is?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If you want to be really awkward and you agreed that it should be collected within 48 hours.......... refuse them access to your property when they come to collect it.

Let them take you to court to gain access to there vehicle. They will probably win, but I'm sure they would rather come to "some arrangement", ie pay you what they agreed in the first place!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Here's the scenario.

This is fine just as long as you gave them fair warning ( and you have the written evidence ). Be prepared to issue an MCOL though.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
these companies are all cowboys. They always offer you a lot less than you should get. I know for a fact that the Peacehaven branch of the rival lot pays a lot less and yet the locals can't get there quick enough. There are always stacks of cars parked. One idiot traded in a range rover for £2k when it was worth at least £5K on ebay or private sale.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do whatever you need to, WBAC are a horrible company.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
these companies are all cowboys. They always offer you a lot less than you should get. I know for a fact that the Peacehaven branch of the rival lot pays a lot less and yet the locals can't get there quick enough. There are always stacks of cars parked. One idiot traded in a range rover for £2k when it was worth at least £5K on ebay or private sale.

I agree - I got a price for my old car from WBAC and they offered £1.2k - part exchange I got £3.4k !!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here