Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski wear

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Anyone know of reasonably priced place to by ski clothing for my 12 year old?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
TK Maxx. A bit of a random selection but you'll find everything from socks, thermals, salopettes to beanies

As above or Sports Direct. At that age my kids were only getting 2 seasons out of a set if you were lucky, so don't worry too much about the quality.

Jul 7, 2003
Trespass have just opened a store in Worthing and have decent gear at reasonable prices.

AndyH

Mar 10, 2012
Mountain Warehouse is good too - think they have an end of season sale on at the mo as well

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Mountain Warehouse is good too - think they have an end of season sale on at the mo as well

Tip if going to Mountain Warehouse: if you buy something, you get 10% off your next purchase by filling in an online questionnaire type thing and printing off a voucher. So maybe buy something cheapish, go home and jump through the voucher hoops, then go back and buy the more expensive thing you really want.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Snow&Rock own brand/the not well known brands sold there - ok value on stuff like gloves/mitts, base and mid layers, if you steer clear of incredibly expensive well known names.

Buy a size too large for jacket, base and mid layers, and you get next year's holiday out of it too.

Have a shop in the Lanes in Market Street, or are efficient online.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone know of reasonably priced place to by ski clothing for my 12 year old?

TK Maxx is a good place for new stuff at bargain prices and Decathlon's own brand stuff is decent too.

Should be plenty of 2nd hand stuff on eBay that's only been worn for 6 days skiing. 12 year olds have a habit of out growing clothing in 6 months, never mind a whole year, as I'm sure you know!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Given that kids ski stuff gets grown out of before barely worn, perhaps some good folk here could pm you and help you out for the price of a few beers?

Or try eBay?

Ebay is a good shout. I've had some massive bargains over the years. BNWT Volcom puffa jacket RRP £300, just £80 :)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If there going to grow out of them quickly or your only going for a week a year I would go with Trespass (online site is pretty good) or TK Maxx.

I got this seasons thermals from Lidl and I have Sallopettes and a Jacket still going strong after buying them 5 years ago in Aldi.

Spend money on boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here