Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pubs with play areas for kids ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fancy a Sunday roast but have 2 hyperactive 3 year old boys. Any suggestions in Hove, Shoreham etc ? Thanks.

Ritalin?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think the Shepherd & Dog at Fulking has a kids area. Cracking roast too

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
The Connaught is a pretty good choice - very child and dog friendly and the food is excellent. As a parent you don't have to worry if the kids run around a bit so can enjoy the food and drink without having to keep one eye open in case anyone else not happy they are there!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The George Payne is over run by kids according to the grumpy guy who sits near me at work.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What's the pub by the entrance to Shoreham Beach like these days? The one on the airport roundabout.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
What's the pub by the entrance to Shoreham Beach like these days? The one on the airport roundabout.

The Longshore has a small play area inside & out and although the food is average it is so busy it has an A Board at the entrance detailing the wait for food, sometimes 90 mins

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Connaught is a pretty good choice - very child and dog friendly and the food is excellent. As a parent you don't have to worry if the kids run around a bit so can enjoy the food and drink without having to keep one eye open in case anyone else not happy they are there!

Good call. It's a lovely place and excellent food.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'm with you on that - thankfully there a good number of pubs around the Reigate area that don't allow kids. It's a shame that there aren't more but I guess it all boils down to economics.

At the risk of repeating old threads and annoying parents, I'm not sure that pubs can 'not allow' kids. But certainly it's good to know the ones that positively encourage families and the ones that don't when you want a quiet lunch.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
At the risk of repeating old threads and annoying parents, I'm not sure that pubs can 'not allow' kids. But certainly it's good to know the ones that positively encourage families and the ones that don't when you want a quiet lunch.

There are number of pubs around Reigate that have notices on the doors stating nobody under 18 may enter and should anyone have the temerity to ignore this will be politely asked to leave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Cow and The North Lane are like crèches at times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here