Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Rodriguez got his international clearance ??

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The piece on the OS when he signed said that "the deal remains subject to international clearance".

Haven't heard any more though.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They said they should expect clearance to come through, I think they are just being tight lipped about it to keep opponents guessing.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure it'll be sorted. It's not like he's coming from Wales, or some other third world country, is it?

Jul 5, 2003
The process can be slow. We have to apply to the F.A. for clearance and they then contact the F.A. of the country the player last played in. That F.A. then have to contact the players last club to ensure there are no reasons why the clearance cannot go through. Once the club give the go ahead their F.A. then contact ours and our F.A. then send a fax or email to the club and we can then play the player. However, after one week, if our F.A. haven't heard back, clearance can be given! Personal experience has shown that the less 'third world' the country is, the slower the process becomes. Not sure why other than there is probably more red tape to go through.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't think it is quite this long winded in Rodriguez's case because his contract at hos old club was cancelled. It was mentioned in the Argus he did this to avoid what happened with ulloa.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Almost everyone (bar the late late signings) signed by clubs in the EPL and Championship seemed to have recieved clearance to play yesterday. As the window operates across federations you'd expect them to be geared up (except for Wales obviously!).

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don't think it is quite this long winded in Rodriguez's case because his contract at hos old club was cancelled. It was mentioned in the Argus he did this to avoid what happened with ulloa.

Don't forget, Leo was slightly different as he didn't have a Spanish passport at first.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He's on the bench

ALBION subs v Watford - subs v Watford: Brezovan (GK), Calderon, Dunk, March, LuaLua, Rodriguez, Obika.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Clearance given a couple of hours beforehand is cutting it a bit fine :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here