Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Went to see Top Gear Live at the Hydro in Glasgow last month and they showed a preview of what was in store for this coming series. Of course it's completely staged and faked, but then so are Hollywood blockbusters. That won't stop them raking in viewers by the millions. It's funny and random nonsense that's best suited to Sunday evenings on BBC2.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think that's an insult to 9 years olds. It's all so fake it's completely unwatchable.

I don't think for one moment they claim that it's not fake. It's an entertainment program not a factual series.

The guy who is in charge of it admits he knows little about cars.

I love it for what it is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it is very funny and excellent light entertainment.

Biggest seller for BBC worldwide so must be doing something right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope there are less 100 k plus super cars being showcased with Clarkson and Hammond behaving like excitable children whilst accelerating and burning rubber as they try and do doughnuts. It is incredibly boring after you have seen it once and seems to take up 10 mins at the beginning of each programme set to arty farty supposedly atmospheric filming. I used to love Top Gear when Clarkson first did it but it has become predictable and a bit dull with the occasional very funny few minutes here and there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tired programme now made largely for the overseas audience...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well I enjoyed it, it's a good lark, but hey, if you don't like it, that's ok too.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Thought it was a good laugh. Easy viewing for a Sunday night.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I still enjoy watching it despite the obviously scripted 'oh no, the caravan's on fire' moments but I often find myself wondering why it turned so much towards that way in the first place.

There may always have been an element of scripted stuff going on but it used to feel a lot less forced, to the point that I could genuinely believe it was three mates talking about cars and having fun doing it, rather than three blokes having 'wacky' adventures involving a car at some point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here