Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam El Abd & Bristol City

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In fairness to him, the ElAbd of the Poyet/Garcia era made few errors, and did a great job in shackling/winding up countless highly rated no9s. One central defender probably cannot make much difference on his own to a poor Bristol City team.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Since moving to Bristol City I note that Adam has experienced two defeats, one draw & no wins.
Today at home to Carlisle are currently 1-0 down.
Thought he would have steadied their ship, but looking likely to be playing at Portsmouth next season?

The way Portsmouth are going they wont even be in the Football League next season !!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
If this run continues I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his cool and gets sent sent off. With us he was a pro WUM, not sure how he's doing with City, discipline-wise.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
why he went to a relegation team in League 1 i'll never know.

probably a juicy signing on fee.....sigh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has been given stick on here but in the red tops he has received equal top marks for the last to Saturdays, so I would suggest that he had been ok and most of nsc are prejudiced and looking for faults and justification for him leaving.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
looking likely to be playing at Portsmouth next season?

I don't think there's much chance of City being in the Vagisil Conference Premier next season, so it's unlikely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I keep saying it, El-abd is too slow for fullback and too small for centre back. Plus he cannot judge a high ball for toffee. Why exactly did we sign him again? And on such a long bloody contract?! He is single handedly losing us games due to his inability

He's getting plenty of stick on their match thread. I can understand why he wanted to protect his future, but there must be some regrets.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The City fans actually cheered when El-Abd was subbed just now. wankers

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I found myself in East Lancashire on Tuesday night so decided to get along to Accrington Stanley to take in their local derby with Bury. Apart from crossing another ground off the list (sad git) the main attraction was to see how Adam El-Abd is getting on. What I didn't know was that Jimmy McNulty is also on Bury's books, although only on their bench on Tuesday.

Well it took me back I don't mind telling you. Fourth Division football on a tiny northern ground, surrounded by t'northerners berating anyone and everyone.
Their talking bollocks was so bad I had to stick the earphones in and listen to Chelsea v Liverpool and the comparison was remarkable.

Both games were extremely entertaining. Both sides were going for the win at the Store First Stadium and there was no little amount of skill on show. One notable difference between East Lancashire and West London was the spirit in which the game was played in. Little or no nasty stamps or cheating diving, despite what Nobby Entwhistle and his mates behind me thought. Could this be because the Bury squad in fact only included one "overseas" player - a certain Egyptian formerly of this parish.

He had a pretty good game, better in the first half than the second, and got right through to the seventieth minute before the inevitable yellow card.

Shortly after that his huge centre half team mate went up and nodded what turned out to be the winner and the Bury fans went wild. Cue Blue Smoke Bomb ! Thrown on the pitch from the 500 odd [sic] away fans behind the goal. No stewards, no Football League enquiry, just get on with the game.

Accrington threw the tin bath at the Bury defence for the last ten minutes (+5) but the Egyptian controlled the defences and the Bury fans could start the seven mile journey home with three points tucked under their caps.

Excellent game. Excellent night out. Adam El-Abd is alive and kicking !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30981405

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30213054

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I found myself in East Lancashire on Tuesday night so decided to get along to Accrington Stanley to take in their local derby with Bury. Apart from crossing another ground off the list (sad git) the main attraction was to see how Adam El-Abd is getting on. What I didn't know was that Jimmy McNulty is also on Bury's books, although only on their bench on Tuesday.

Well it took me back I don't mind telling you. Fourth Division football on a tiny northern ground, surrounded by t'northerners berating anyone and everyone.
Their talking bollocks was so bad I had to stick the earphones in and listen to Chelsea v Liverpool and the comparison was remarkable.

Both games were extremely entertaining. Both sides were going for the win at the Store First Stadium and there was no little amount of skill on show. One notable difference between East Lancashire and West London was the spirit in which the game was played in. Little or no nasty stamps or cheating diving, despite what Nobby Entwhistle and his mates behind me thought. Could this be because the Bury squad in fact only included one "overseas" player - a certain Egyptian formerly of this parish.

He had a pretty good game, better in the first half than the second, and got right through to the seventieth minute before the inevitable yellow card.

Shortly after that his huge centre half team mate went up and nodded what turned out to be the winner and the Bury fans went wild. Cue Blue Smoke Bomb ! Thrown on the pitch from the 500 odd [sic] away fans behind the goal. No stewards, no Football League enquiry, just get on with the game.

Accrington threw the tin bath at the Bury defence for the last ten minutes (+5) but the Egyptian controlled the defences and the Bury fans could start the seven mile journey home with three points tucked under their caps.

Excellent game. Excellent night out. Adam El-Abd is alive and kicking !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30981405

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30213054

Sounds like you had fun. A good read, thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
While he was playing at Accrington, his Bristol City team mates were booking a Wembley final.

When does his loan end? And chance fate could smile on him, and a few injuries, see him back in the city side at Wembley...?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think he will be turning out for Bristol again. Perfect for someone like CRAWLEY for next season though :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here