Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shamir Goodwin & Diego Poyet Start!

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I'm a Torquay fan as well as a Brighton one (I just love Gulls I guess...) and that website has got it wrong.

We've been playing 4-3-3 recently, but today we reverted to a 4-4-2 and Goodwin played as a right winger. He was very good actually, pacy, worked hard, and showed determination to track back and help his defence - unfortunately he didn't get many chances to influence forward play.

Surprisingly for a club of our size we have a lot of players fighting for our (usual) front three, hence why we went t a 4-2-4 to try and fit more in, but I imagine he'll be a regular starter for us in our relegation battle on the side of a front 4 as an 'inside forward' as people coin it.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I thought Goodwin played very well and tracked back well. He looked more a right-sided midfielder than a winger. He looked pretty puffed out after about an hour and was duly substituted although he was limping slightly.
It was a good performance by Torquay, but Portsmouth looked truly woeful. Mind you 15000 watching that rubbish and getting behind their team was a good effort. Big problems for a club that considers itself to big to go down. Watch this space. Well done Shamir, but a lot more match time needed. He's playing at a nice friendly club with a good attitude.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I'm intrigued as to why anyone would think we'd care if or when Diego Poyet plays. He's not not has he ever been an Albion player.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just had a peak at the Torquay match report v Pompey. Aside from Goodwin, Torquay had former keeper Michael Poke in goal. Pompey played Marcos Painter and Wes Fogden and had our former loan star Therry Racon on the bench. Five Albion connections injust one match.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I fail to see the correlation between Diego Poyet playing and me giving a shit ???

I fail to see why you would think that NSC is just here for your benefit.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Good to see that Tom Cruise came on for Torquay too.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Why? He has never played for us and i doubt he ever will

Because I can have interests in players who haven't played for the club I support? And also because I started following him on Twitter when Gus was here and he seems an alright sort, so was interested to hear he was playing when I was watching Final Score.

I would, however, say that mentioning him on NSC is perhaps a bit odd, but it's not like the board's ever stayed on topic before.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I could understand if the thread was about Goodwin and Maksimenko but I'm not sure what Diego Poyet has got to do with us?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
All too scared to call Edna out then ?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
A lot of people on here seem to have a fasination for Crawley, Gus and Barnes hating. Dont understand it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Because I can have interests in players who haven't played for the club I support? And also because I started following him on Twitter when Gus was here and he seems an alright sort, so was interested to hear he was playing when I was watching Final Score.

I would, however, say that mentioning him on NSC is perhaps a bit odd, but it's not like the board's ever stayed on topic before.

Took some ridiculous abuse from a few of our simpletons when his dad left and rose above it. Comes across as a model young professional and I am glad to hear he is progressing.

Piece of advice folks, if a thread doesn't interest you, don't comment. It will quickly disappear from view. Conversely moaning about a football thread on a football forum, comes across as just a little bit petty.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here