Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aldi Stores what a bunch of prats

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Wifey left her card in Aldi yesterday at 5pm, noticed it was missing today at 9am.....contacted Aldi (0844 number no direct calling allowed to store) took 15 mins on hold,
eventually get through to store and the manager tells my wife that he shredded the card this morning before the store opened, due to security issues.!!!

Is less than 1 working day sufficient time to let the lost card owner get it back before shredding?

Tescos (from experience) I know hold them for 72 hours...

Bunch of tw@ts.........

Should I complain as it now takes a few days to sort out a replacement or just let it go?

Rant over..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You could complain that your wife was so stupid she left her card in a store and it was Aldi I suppose.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a responsible policy the manager has, well done him.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Wifey left her card in Aldi yesterday at 5pm, noticed it was missing today at 9am.....contacted Aldi (0844 number no direct calling allowed to store) took 15 mins on hold,
eventually get through to store and the manager tells my wife that he shredded the card this morning before the store opened, due to security issues.!!!

Is less than 1 working day sufficient time to let the lost card owner get it back before shredding?

Bunch of tw@ts.........

Should I complain as it now takes a few days to sort out a replacement or just let it go?

Rant over..

I would be more concerned about seeing the evidence that it actually has been destroyed !!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I cancel cards as soon as I miss them just in case - even though a couple of times I have found them an hour later, which by then was too late. :dunce:

I wouldn't have relied on just getting it back as who knows who has copied the details for on-line and phone purchases. If somebody has all the details including the security number on the back, you are stuffed if the card is still live.

Bunch of tw@ts.........

Rant over..

Shred three of your wife's favourite frocks as a punishment and replace her car with a granny trolley basket! She must be punished!:moo:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Bunch of tw@ts.........

Rant over..

Very standard procedure for many stores not just Aldi. The lesson of the story is don't leave your card somewhere and then fail to notice until the next day :facepalm:

You've got absolutely no grounds to complain it's your fault the card was left there and you should be thanking them for disposing of it securely.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
You'll find different companies will have different policies with regards to cards that are left behind. 72 hours is pretty much the morm. Though most banks prefer it if you cut them up and return right away. You're buggered if a store's ATM swallows it though as these do get cut up right away. i've seen many irrate customer at the customer service desk demanding their card back from the ATM. Unfortunately the banks make the rules aqnd not the supermarkets when it comes to your cards.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Should you complain?

No don't be so ridiculous. Just get the old card cancelled and get the new one ordered. There really is no issue.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bunch of tw@ts.........

Rant over..

You have nothing to complain about. Your wife lost her card. A store has taken steps to prevent fraud occurring. The worst that's happened is that she has to order a new card. It's no big deal (and it's her fault anyway).

Move along now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here